The Fourth of July came and went while we continued right on with our family, friends, and F-U-N!
Haley could tell how frazzled I was getting with my kids (i.e., Eve and her attachment/orneriness) and let all three of them sleep over after the fireworks on July Fourth. I was able to get a solid night to myself and head to the temple for a nice, peaceful, calming endowment session and it was just what I needed.
Eve did not want to leave when I picked them up-
So we stuck around for some lunch and chit chat.
Brigitte traded Leah for Thad, and Wes was able to go on his Grandma-Grandson date with Grandma Teresa, so it was just Eve when I got there. After our lunch we headed to the Hills' for a spontaneous play date that worked out perfectly.
I kind of couldn't get over the amazing view they get every single day. Isn't it gorgeous out there in Herriman? We sure think so.
After a fun afternoon we met up with Grandma Teresa and Wes after their fun date doing all sorts of fun things-
Arcade
Pizza
Bowling
They also saw Finding Dory and had a blast doing all of it!
The next day Aunt Jen, Kache, and Aleesia met up for a last minute for a hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon. I Googled "easy hikes in Utah" and we ended up at the trail head for Mill B South and it turned out perfectly. It wasn't too far up the canyon, I was able to push a stroller, and the kids didn't complain at all. Win-win!
Doing things with cousins makes just about ANYTHING better! These kids were loving it!
And luckily Eve has aunts that are pretty obsessed with her and help her do the big kid things like she wants to. How did we get so lucky?
We could not get enough of this scenery at the end of the trail - it was breathtaking.
After our wonderful hike together, Aunt Jen treated us to a delicious lunch and invited us over for swimming, and my kids went nuts! Of course they wanted to go swimming!
These last minute plans turned into a fun day spent with wonderful cousins and we couldn't have been happier about it.
From there we met up with Aunt Kelli and Kayci for dinner before heading to Aunt Kelli and Uncle Merit's kickball game-
I love spending evenings outside in Utah, not much can beat that in the summer.
I also loved watching Thad get some kickball advice from his Uncle Merit, I know his knowledge of the sport is basically endless-
The kids have loved getting to know Uncle Derek more and have had no problem warming up to him-
Slushies and ice cream to end the night made it basically a perfect day!
Love this little squishy of mine!
At the end of the week we met up with our Connecticut friends, the Arbuckles. They moved to Farmington the summer after we moved to Texas, and we have loved keeping in touch over social media. We met for lunch at City Creek so the kids could play and get reacquainted, which also allowed for Lindsey and I to catch up.
After lunch we went to the Beehive House for a quick tour. It is one of the homes Brigham Young lived in. The kids actually did a great job listening and learning about Brigham Young and that time period.
Wes.Simon.Isaac.Thad.Noah.Tommy.Eliza
(Please note that she had TWO sets of twins. Yes, two. She is a rockstar!)
I sure love any chance I get to catch up with my fellow Connecticutters, and this time was no exception!
The Arbuckles had to go home, but we hung around Temple Square to check out the the newly renovated visitors center.
We were so impressed with all the things there were to do, and we spent over an hour in the basement of the North Visitors Center.
We highly recommend visiting if you have a chance!
The few hours we spent together were very special, and I am so grateful I decided to stay. I love these littles so much, but when we are mid-trip I sometimes forget it because they can drive me bananas. It was a good reminder of how much fun we have when it's just us. I really love these three to the moon and hope they always know it.
To end our week we saw The Secret Life of Pets with Kache and Aleesia, played with them at the park for a bit, and then headed to Mulligan's to try our hand (or foot) at soccer golf.
If you have not tried soccer golf, please do! Anyone, any age can play and have a good time. We did not have to help the boys much, Eve had fun being pushed in the stroller and we spent another perfect summer evening outdoors in that perfect mountain air.
We can't wait to play again!
And if this post makes you tired just thinking about doing all those things in one week, don't you worry, my kids were sleeping extra well at Grandma Cindy's house-
We also had plenty of time hanging out and having fun and Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Kent's house-
We love their mostly-done renovation - I love open concept so much! My mom has the gift of good taste, and when I get my own house she is coming to pick out my couches, pillows, wall art, counter tops, and pendants. She has got it going on in that house! I can't wait to see the finished product next time we're in town.
We sure missed our daddy and wished he could have joined us for all our fun, but he kept himself busy down in Texas as best he could.
Running-
Texting and Snapping with Thad-
James McMurtry concert with Ben and Shannon-
And sending me pictures to let me know how much he misses us-
Yikes.






No comments:
Post a Comment