Sunday, July 31, 2016

Independence Day Celebrations

Our first official Independence Day celebration was going Riverton Park with the Doyles for a firework show on July 2nd. We made the plan last minute and were so glad we met up for the show because our kids loved it!


Wes really loves the look of fireworks but the sound he is not so sure of. He was a good sport and kept those fingers shoved in his ears the whole show. I love that boy!

On Sunday, July 3, we wore our red, white and blue to show our love for America!


 The whole fam ended up coming over to Grandma Cindy's and Grandpa Kent's for dinner and a firework show that the Wishams were putting on with their guests. We had a fun night sitting out on the lawn watching the kids play and enjoying each other's company.
 That was also Brigitte's birthday so when she showed up we all sang Happy Birthday and she danced with Jayci and soaked up the birthday attention...us Wilson women love our birthdays!






Scott had the perfect solution to Wes' firework noise aversion-
And he seriously rocked them all night!


Birthday massage for the birthday girl!

 And Eve didn't love the fireworks but that just meant I got more cuddles!

Bright and early on the Fourth of July Heidi, my sisters and I headed to Copperhills High School to get our butts kicked at a boot camp Alison put on-

After our sweat sesh, the kids and I headed to Grandma Teresa's and Grandpa Russ' for water games and lunch with the Monsen/Whitehouse crew. This is such a fun tradition that we hope never dies because my kids love it so much!




 (Uncle Correy and Thad won the award for most patriotic swimsuits, even though Missy hated it ;-)


The newlyweds were fresh off their honeymoon and a delight to spend the afternoon with!

 Grandma Teresa seriously knows how to throw a party!


And let's just say the uncles did NOT go easy on my boys...or each other for that matter!

 





I was so happy when this sweet face woke up! It is so fun to watch Kelli and Merit with their first babe. He is such a good boy and I love that he is generous with his time and smiles. 

What a successful afternoon celebrating our freedom with people with love SO MUCH! 





For the evening we headed over to the Doyle's for more food, fun and fireworks!
 We know we are blessed to have both of our families so close together and I'm so grateful my kids could spend time with both of their amazing grandparents, aunts and uncles on this holiday. I know many people that don't have that luxury and I'm so grateful it was ours this year!
  
Eve was especially atrocious after she was done throwing up from her bout of the Wedding Flu, but I think it must of just lingered a few extra days. She would not anyone love on her except me and it wore me down pretty bad. Luckily a day or two after this picture she perked up, but I was losing my mind for a little while. Luckily I had my amazing mama to make things a little easier for me but it was still pretty difficult when there were so many people that wanted to soak her up and she wouldn't let them. I love that girl but she can be one stubborn lady just like her mama.

Haley and Jeremy are always wonderful hosts and this time was no exception! 


I surprised her with this little kiss, but she deserved it! ;-)

Our boys talked about going to get fireworks with Uncle Rob and Caden weeks before we came and Rob was so sweet to make it a reality for a second year in a row! 

Once it got dark the party started and we had fun enjoying our private firework show. 


Eve and Wes were happy that Uncle Jeremy could help solve the noise problem once again! 

How grateful I am for the freedom our family enjoys in this wonderful country called America. I know our country is far from perfect, but it is a special place that we are blessed to call home. Brian celebrated with the Dukes down in Texas and we missed him so much but love this country that allows our family to live, worship and fulfill our dreams on our terms. 
Happy birthday, America!

No comments: