Sunday, August 28, 2016

July in Texas

After we got back from Utah we had a couple of weeks to spend in Texas before Brian and I took off on another trip. So you know what we did? Took it easy. That's it. Nothing super exciting, just cute kids doing what kids do.

The day after our big road trip the yard needed some help, so after a good mow it needed to be watered and we all joined in at some point-

  


We got slammed with the heat when we got back so if we were outside we were in water, otherwise we hung out inside.
Eve enjoyed her post-sprinkler run smoothie very much!
She also tried to learn the Star Spangled Banner just like her brothers-

She definitely got the "Oh say can you SEEEEE!" part down.

The boys were so proud of this-
(And were so happy for Eve's nap time so she couldn't destroy it anymore)

We had a fun dinner with our neighbors catching up after not seeing each other for a good month-
John.Abby.Ralf.Liz.Me.Brian
It's kind of like winter in these parts and too hot for anyone to just be outside chatting with each other so if we don't plan something we don't see each other!

Pokemon Go! came out while we were in Utah and the kids were quite obsessed with it! 


Brian sent me a text while I was at the gym and said, "Eve is trash." 
I had a good laugh!

Thad is pretty in love with his little sister and loves that he is strong enough to get her out of her crib and give her piggy backs up the stairs! 

I didn't realize Brian was taking the pic, but this is a common occurrence... 
I let Brian take over bed time and relax on the boys' bed and wait for everyone to gather for scriptures and prayers. I've got it pretty good.

One of the many reasons these kids think know their dad is more fun than me- 

Bahaha!!!

And this little Wes and his sun-kissed cheeks are just about my favorite summer sight. 

No comments: