Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Wells and Kells Take Texas

At Christmastime Aunt Kelli told us that she would come see us in Texas and when she booked her ticket at the beginning of March, we couldn't wait for her to get here April 19th! She was a little nervous about flying solo for the first time with Wells, but she got a direct flight, an extra seat and he was of course an angel, so they will definitely be coming back again!

Wes was so excited to see her when he woke up from his nap the afternoon that she arrived!

Luckily Kelli is like the easiest ever and most of this trip was hanging out together inside or outside of our house just chatting and adoring our sweet kids!

 Seriously, this baby Wells is a dream boat. 

The next day we surprised Thad at school and visited him for lunch- 
As you can see, he was NOT disappointed when we showed up!
 He and Wells are two peas in a pod.


This is how Wells felt about leaving Thad-
 Or maybe it was just way past nap time...

During naps I headed to the airport to pick Kelsie up so she could go house hunting in Waco. Kelli held the fort down with all the sleeping children and then we spent a good part of the beautiful evening outside before heading to dinner. 
  

Cooper, one of the neighbor boys, had to come and show us this disgusting centipede that he caught. I kind of wanted to barf and I think it freaked Kelsie out a bit...EVERYTHING is bigger in Texas, Kels!
We got the exersaucer out for Wellsy boy and Eve could not resist taking a turn herself- 
And she hates looking at the camera on cue, so no eyes for pictures lately.
We wanted to take them to Hopdoddy for dinner, but a 45 minute wait sent us right back to the car. We were going to try for Jack Allen's but remembered Kirby Lane...duh! We love Kirby Lane and it is super kid friendly so it worked out perfectly! 
This is the ONLY picture I got of Kelsie in town...how did that happen? But proof that she was here!
These babies did so good at dinner while the boys played on the playground. What a fun night!

Thursday was another lazy day for us after we sent Kelsie up to Waco for her job interview at Magnolia Market and to get a house for their family to move into at the end of June. There was delicious food involved, of course, so our lazy day was pretty awesome.
Torchy's Tacos

We can't have a visitor without going there, so we did and it was delicious as always.

Eve loved on Wells a lot. It was adorable.
She wanted to give him his bottle and paci a lot, even if he didn't need or want it.
Cousins are the serious best!

That night we headed to the school again for Thad's music performance and it was adorable. Thad had been excited about this performance until that day when he came home saying he didn't want to go. He insists that no one said anything mean about it, but it was so weird how all of the sudden he just didn't want to do it. I think part of me just doesn't want to admit that he is growing up and maybe performing and the stage just aren't his favorite, but I want him to love it because he is adorable!





 Isn't he just the cutest jungle guy you ever did see?

The Cheering Section-
We were in the back with little Miss, but she enjoyed watching brother from afar.

She didn't want me to watch, though. ;-)
But let's be honest, dad did most of the running after that little girlfriend and she secretly loved it.



 Last time Aunt Kelli was in town she got to come to Thad's preschool graduation with us, so it was so great to have her at another Thad celebration with her own little guy.

I was the annoying mom that made Thad stay later so I could get pictures of him with his darling vest in from of the decor.
 He is my favorite first grader.
The kids made the jungle animals in Art and Thad's is the cheetah above his head on the top row. I love that he loves cheetahs, it's so cute and he did an awesome job!

Friday was just going to be another day of easy going whatever we wanted to do, like hair-
 Or selfies with the cutest baby on the planet-
Or whatever else we chose. And then this happened... 
Eve was standing on the kitchen chair, it slipped out from under her and she smacked the back of her head on the edge of the seat. It was bleeding a lot at first, but Kelli and I kept each other calm and reminded each other that head wounds bleed a lot (I'm so glad she was there!). It stopped bleeding pretty quickly and from there I wasn't sure what to do. She was acting totally normal and I did NOT want to spend my afternoon in the ER for this somewhat minor cut. I texted Birtley with high hopes that he would tell me that I didn't need to do anything, that I could just clean it up and keep an eye on it and it would be fine. I sent him some pictures and he thought it looked like it needed a staple or two. Boo. I got a second opinion from Alicia who is an ER nurse and she said the same thing. Double boo. So I called around to a couple Urgent Cares to make sure they would take our insurance and found one and they said their wait wasn't too long. 
It was nap time for Wells and Eve was in good spirits, so I got there as soon as I could and they got us in and out with one staple in about 30 minutes! I was super impressed because Eve was being a little coo coo and freaking out just when they were trying to get her blood pressure. I was like, "Give me a break, girlfriend." She settled down in between people poking and prodding her and luckily the PA on staff was quick to get that staple in while me and the medical assistant muscled Eve because she was freaking out. I don't blame her, but I was just so happy when it was over and it didn't eat up our whole afternoon! 
Wells was happy to see Thad when he got home from school and shortly after he got home we headed to Hopdoddy to meet Brian for an early dinner. Kelsie was on her way down from Waco so she just met us there and we had delicious burgers and fries!
When we got home we spent another beautiful evening outside-
Seriously? How cute are these three? 
It's kind of freaky how much Wells looks like Brian and it's so funny because I don't think he looks like one of my babies, but he looks like Brian! Those Monsen genes are STRONG!

I'm so sad I didn't get any pictures of Kelli, Kelsie and I at the movies, but Brian was so sweet to keep all the kids and let us ladies head to a late movie. I had to take them to the Alamo Drafthouse because it is one of our most favorite places to go and have fun night out. Kelli and Kelsie were skeptical about seeing The Huntsman: Winter's War, but we all ended up loving it a lot and barely ate any of the food we ordered because we were so full from Hopdoddy and the most delicious homemade chocolate cookies...haha!
 Kelsie headed to the airport early the next morning so it was fun to do the movie together before she left.

Saturday was Kelli's last full day so we had to make it to the pool for Wells' first swim!
Kel forgot a hat and before I remembered that I had one she could borrow, this happened...
Haha! No sunburned head for Wells! Isn't he just the cutest?
Yes, he is and all the cuteness continued at the pool! 


 Wells was obsessed with the leaves by the baby pool and kept catching them and putting them in his mouth. It was adorable.


 I sure love those curls and that swim bum!
Eve is a little too brave by the water so we had to keep an extra close eye on her, but she survived.


 Isn't that just the cutest group? I love every face in that picture and am just so happy this happened!

Brian got these cute babies up from their post pool naps-
Oh hey, Brians! Haha!

Lots more chillin' was done and those kids were seriously obsessed with Kelli's phone. She showed us the joys of Snapchat and Eve wanted her hands on that device any moment she could get! 
Eve was totally taking selfies by the end of the trip!
Adorable.

As much as we didn't want to say goodbye, on Saturday night the kiddos had to give the Egans hugs and kisses goodbye because they had to leave for the airport around 4 a.m. Boo again. 
 But these pictures sure show how much we love that Aunt Kelli and cousin Wells of ours!


Thad and Kelli coaching the babies in this picture is my fave...pucker up!

We had such a wonderful time with that beautiful lady and her babe and I can't wait until they come again. Seeing them made us even more excited for our summer vacation! Family is the best and having them in our home is such a special experience every single time. 
We love you Wells and Kells!

No comments: