I woke up to breakfast made by my one and only, opened some presents and got my mane brushed by Mr. Wes-
He's been on a kick with brushing my hair and I LOVE it! He is the best.
I got some early morning birthday wishes-
And this awesomeness when I walked out the door to see Thad off to school-
How amazing is Kristen?? She took the time early in the morning to come set this up in my yard. I love her to death, she sure knows how to make a girl feel good on her birthday!
After getting Wes to preschool and Eve to Michelle's we headed on a mysterious, beautiful drive-
Brian totally spoiled me and surprised me by taking me zip lining around Lake Travis! He made arrangements for the kids and planned it all out so we could have the day to ourselves and feel like the young bucks we are.
We were in a really fun group with a hilarious guide and I even got to pick out an awesome birthday helmet!
There are a few islands around the lake and we hiked them a little bit and zip lined back and forth from them. There were two "bunny" zips and then three long ones. The last one was just over a half a mile. It was such wonderful, different activity to do together and I loved every minute of it!
I can't remember our guides name, but she was hilarious and made us come up with nick names. She had been calling me "Birthday Shelley" so I stuck with that and then Brian came up with "Prison Mike" for himself and she stuck with it the whole time. It was hilarious!
We had some pretty awesome views!
Brian knows how to make me happy and that afternoon did just that. He is my favorite and I'm so glad I get to spend the rest of my birthdays with him!
After our wonderful day together, we grabbed a milkshake for a late lunch and hung out at home until dinner time. I got lots of phone calls, texts, Facebook messages and wonderful friends dropping by themselves or something off and fun stuff in the mail.
Bahaha! My neighbor Abby dropped this card by and I got a good laugh. I seriously have the best people in my life and hope they all know how much I LOVE them!
For dinner we were going to try out Chuy's but headed straight back to the car after they said, "Forty minute wait." Yeah, right.
It was an easy decision after that didn't work out-
TORCHY'S!
I can never get enough of that queso, so it worked out perfectly.
Eve wasn't too happy when I wanted to get a picture with her, heaven forbid I interrupt her coloring...
Don't worry, we kissed and made up-
That girl can drive me bonkers, but I love her a million times a million so it doesn't even matter.
After a most delicious dinner we headed home for some of my very favorite strawberry short cake that Brian is so very good at making-
And my only wish is that my next thirty is as good as the last.
These kids, this husband, this wonderful, messy, crazy, beautiful life is all I have ever wanted...
How loved I am.
My heart is full.
Thirty is going to be good. Really, really good.











1 comment:
I just love you! I feel the same way about 30, and I am so glad you had such a great day. You deserved every wonderful minute. Miss you!!!!
Post a Comment