It was raining that evening so she had to move it indoors, but it didn't make any difference, it was still as good as it would have been without the rain.
When I said fabulous, I really meant it! And this was the day after she threw an equally fabulous ice cream themed party for her youngest daughter who turned seven. I was so excited when I walked in the door to see all the beautiful decorations and delicious food, but seeing all the faces come in was even better!
Becky.Charlene.Rebecca
Heather.Anna.Katie
Jenny.Lizzy.Jamie
Alisha (drinking the water) popped in a little late and she just added to the fun. It was seriously such a good time to sit and talk at dinner and just be with friends. I love being with girlfriends and this was no exception.
I absolutely love the cake Kristen had made for me and it was fun to have them sing Happy Birthday to me-
Obviously there is no candle, but I figure I don't really even need any wishes, I'm healthy and happy and surrounded by awesome people every way I turn!
She had red velvet and raspberry filled yellow cake for the flavors and they did not disappoint!
After our delicious cake we sat around in a circle and talked about the pictures she got from my mom and sisters along with some information about me-
It was such a fun surprise to see these pictures when I came in and it meant so much that she went through the extra effort to get a hold of my mom and sisters. She is so thoughtful!
It was a lot of fun to hear what they had to say about me, I love them! Afterwards she passed around some questions and we talked about everyone else. Questions like: How would you spend 1 million dollars?, What is your favorite concert you have attended?, What words of wisdom would you pass on to your childhood self?
It was so interesting what everyone had to say and it led to deeper and different discussions too. It was such a fun way to guide the conversation and learn a little bit more about each other!
These women are so fabulous and I'm so lucky that I got to spend a night with them celebrating me and learning more about them. I am so grateful for the wonderful women that have surrounded me during my thirty years, and especially the last ten as I have entered the waters of marriage and motherhood. It really takes a village and I am so grateful I have a good one!
I could never tell Kristen thank you enough times. This party meant the world to me and so does her friendship. She doesn't take any short cuts when it comes to friends and I am one lucky lady to be on the receiving end of her kindness and friendship. She is a gem.
And this officially rounds up my 30th birthday celebrations! I was spoiled and had the happiest 30th birthday and birthday weekend I could have hoped for!
If you want to check out her blog post about the party, check it out here: http://www.kristendukephotography.com/floral-30th-birthday-dinner-party/

























No comments:
Post a Comment