Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Mom's Birthday

I am officially in the last year of my 20s! Sometimes I can hardly believe that I am an adult making real life choices and taking care of three little people. I have to say that I'm pretty happy with where I'm at at 29 years old and the thought of the big 3-0 doesn't scare me one bit. Life gets sweeter with every passing year as our children get older, my testimony stronger, my love for Brian and the kids deeper and my commitment to live the gospel becomes ever more important. I have changed a lot in the last decade and I wouldn't consider myself wise, but definitely inching my way there. It is so incredible to realize how time, life experiences and people around me have nudged me in that direction. I am so grateful for this life I live and would not want to be anywhere else, doing anything else than raising our three beautiful children with the man I love most.

I had an awesome day celebrating with people I love so very much!
Kristen arranged for friends to go out for lunch and I picked a gourmet sandwich shop in Round Rock that none of us had tried called, The Blind Squirrel. I had read about it in the paper and finally had an excuse to try it out! I was even able to enjoy my delicious sandwich and conversation because my friend Heather was kind enough to let Wes join her sons co-op preschool class at her house. It was awesome.
Left: Charli.Kristen.Charlene.Emily
Right: Alysha.Me.Rebecca
I really do have awesome friends and I'm so glad I was able to lunch with them! Charli treated me to a movie the night before, so we just kept the partay going!
I also had so many of my wonderful friends that I didn't get to be with text, call and message me. Every word meant a lot. I love birthdays and that is a huge reason why!

Brian is the best and got home early and sent me to get a mani/pedi...I'm spoiled. For reals.
The rest of the afternoon/evening was spent with the four people I love most in all the world. 


They were all kind enough to pose for some pictures before heading to dinner at Torchy's Tacos.




Not cooking is a treat and I'm glad we were all happy to eat at one of my favorite places.
Afterwards it was time for presents and cake and the kids were pretty excited about it!

Maybe not Eve, but she made it...

  
 I'm so grateful to be happy and healthy.
Happy 29 years to me!

No comments: