Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Eve - 7 Months

I can't believe we are halfway to month 8, but here is our Eve during her seventh month of life. I will say, she just gets more fun and perfect with time and I just treasure this age SO MUCH! It is a golden time with babies, I remember it vividly with the boys, and we have all been soaking it in!

First and foremost, this girl started crawling!!
She is an early crawler like Thad and even though it is so darling watching her robotic movements, it was a little disappointing after Wes who stayed in one place for 10.5 months! ;-) No, she just has me back on the floor cleaning game a lot sooner than I hoped!
She needed a little bait to get things going at first, but by the 16th of April while my parents were visiting, she was full on crawling and has not slowed down!

  

 She didn't sit before crawling, which is funny because of course she is strong enough, she just didn't really have the coordination or desire. She would tease in this sitting position, but couldn't lift that hand off the floor. Sadly, we skipped the sit-and-play-with-toys phase. Good thing she is the cutest thing on the planet, we all got over it pretty fast!
She loves this diaper changing mat because of the different textures of the plastic and canvas and she would roll around with it and rub her fingers on it for extended periods of time. Please remind me to not buy toys! Also, she is our favorite.
She has loved solids since we started last month and enjoys three square meals a day in her high chair. I was dreading the baby food phase, but she is such a good eater that it is a breeze and she always has this smile on her face when we're done. 

This baby girl loves bath time!
She waited patiently in her birthday suit while I got the tub going. Did I mention that she's perfect?

The boys have always been big fans of Miss Eve, but even more so as she is interacting more and more.
 Thad and dad couldn't resist teaching her the art of the sticking out her tongue.

When I was getting ready one morning, I glanced over and saw my perfect 7-month old baby girl in the midst of my mess and thought, "This is real life. I don't want to forget it." We're not slobs and I haven't just let my house go, but sometimes the only chore I get done is making my bed, and you know what? That's ok! Because I get to hang out with my perfect 7-month Eve and I wouldn't trade it for the world...or a clean house!

Miss Eve continues to light our lives. She is sleeping through the night (8:30ish-7ish), loving her pacifier, playing in her spit up on the floor, looking at her brothers, eating and being the cutest Monsen in the family. Our cup definitely runneth over!



  
  
 My mom had this cutest owl pillow made for Eve's room because I loved her Christmas one SO much when we visited over the holidays. She always has the best surprises! As you can see, Eve loved it-


 That dimple!
  




In these pictures you can feel her perfection emanating from them! 
She is quite the gal. Happy 7 months, Evie! 

No comments: