Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Eight Month Eve

Our baby girl is EIGHT months old and man, she sure is acting like she wants to be eight YEARS old! She has not slowed down since the crawling and continues to keep us on our toes!

She started sitting up really solid and it has particularly made bath time much more enjoyable for everyone. She would stay in there all day if I let her!



(The streaming water is very intriguing if you can't tell)  

Sitting up has also allowed for this luxury:
No more car seat in the grocery basket! Yay! 
She was so pumped this day at Costco and passers by could not get enough of her cuteness because she was so bright eyed and curious.  
She is so excited to be mama's little helper!

And then there is the stairs.
This is the part I'm not super excited about.
She figured this out pretty quick after she started crawling:

 But was pretty content with that, so I still didn't have to worry about her leaving the living room/kitchen area. But before I knew it...
 She had figured it out and was as pleased as punch about it!
 I kept saying, "Eve! No! Don't do it!" 
 But she didn't listen to me and kept smiling at me like this-

And threatened me with this-
We'll cross this bridge when we come to it. I'm sure it won't be long.

And the cherry on top, three days before hitting the official eight month mark:
 (I know it's blurry, but I snapped this the very first time she did it and got it right before those legs gave out!)
And she now does this on any elevated surface that will support her.

Stop it, Miss Eve! You have plenty of time!

Other things she loves to do like a big girl:
Play outside:





Eat:
She loves just about anything I give her and especially loves to feed herself when she can. 
She drinks 20-25 ounces of milk each day along with three small meals and a snack...this girl can pack it in!

Smile: 
This just melts me.
I love that she is developing her own look and personality, and this smile is one to grace our home for years to come. I love her.

Play with her brothers that adore her:





And with their stuff of course:

This little girl is so lucky to have these boys...and their toys!
The boys love to watch her be silly and we all get a few laughs watching her every day. Whether it's bouncing to some beat, making her growling sound or acting like a puppy, we can't get enough!


I had so much fun taking her pictures this month and though she didn't sit still for very long, she gave me some good material. And I didn't have the heart to leave out many, so prepare for cute eight month Eve overload!


  





We love her pirate face SO MUCH!
That scrunched nose gets this girl about anything she wants! 
Look at those thigh rolls!! 







  
I tried to get her monthly shot with the longhorn-
But that obviously didn't go over very well... 
So we "settled" for this:
I'll take it! 

This girl continues to make our hearts sing Every. Single. Day.

Happiest 8 months, baby sister!

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Oh she is so cute! Love her blue eyes with that blue romper. But really, she needs to slow down on the growing up thing.