Sunday, December 28, 2014

Christmas Day

I'm writing this post well past Christmas Day 2014 (in fact, it's November 2015), but I still remember it being a good one! After returning from our trip, these big trip and holiday posts were going to hold me back from moving forward so I just had to skip them. I have thought about them frequently and am finally getting around to getting the pictures edited and posted while Brian and Eve are on their little Utah vacation for the BYU conference Brian attended. 
Better late than never!

We started our morning out with waking up the kids...wait...isn't it supposed to be the other way around?! Not at the Whitehouse home!





Grandpa Russ made us wait a while on the steps, in true Christmas fashion, and then it was time to discover what Santa had left for us all! 


I don't think anyone was disappointed!

  






 Grandma, Grandpa and Eve all just sat back and watched the magic unfold!
  














 Brian and I may have known what we were getting for Christmas, but we promised we would wait until that day because...well, it's Christmas!


The Monsen kids set Russ and Teresa up new dishes for their gift-

 I think she, I mean they, were excited!

And then some more opening, playing and being together happened and it was all just awesome.













After all of that amazing hoopla we headed to Aunt Brigitte's for breakfast with the Wilsons! The boys were so excited to see all of them!
I remember Christmas mornings with my cousins and loving talking to them about what they got. I'm so glad my kids could experience it! 
And Riley did plenty of baby hogging!

After breakfast the afternoon was spent relaxing, talking to missionaries and playing in the white Christmas we were lucky to be having!



  

  

And before we knew it, we were off to the Doyle's for dinner!







Can you believe all the cuteness on this girl's first Christmas?
She did such a good job and we loved having a baby girl around to celebrate it all with us! 








And the candy bar game got pretty intense to round out the night.
Aunt Brigitte explained and the kids got right to work!



Wes really wanted that Twix and that boy got what he wanted! 





And there it is, the Monsen's Christmas Day 2014.
We can't wait to do it again!

No comments: