His coworker Kathryn and her husband were training for the Detroit Marathon, and came out to this half marathon in Norwalk as part of their training.
It was fun for Brian to have someone to run this with and it was nice that it was so close! It was just about 10 minutes from our house and put on by a local running club.
It was fun for Brian to have someone to run this with and it was nice that it was so close! It was just about 10 minutes from our house and put on by a local running club.
Thad and I made it to the race to cheer dad on at the finish line.
Before we knew it, Dad was crossing the finish line at 1:43:13!!
What a stud! His average mph was 07:54. That’s fast.
He’s our hero.
What a stud! His average mph was 07:54. That’s fast.
He’s our hero.
Thad was so excited to finally see dad, but held off on the hug because of the sweatiness!
We are so proud of Brian and that he rocked this race!
I’m sure we’ll be cheering him on at a lot more of these, and most likely a full marathon one day.
Go Dad!!
I’m sure we’ll be cheering him on at a lot more of these, and most likely a full marathon one day.
Go Dad!!
Then, there was my race. I have decided I want to run a half marathon between each child, and I thought October would be a good month that would allow me to train through the summer.
I had made plans with a few friends to run different races, but they all fell through, and I ran the Entenmann’s Great South Bay Half Marathon over in Bay Shore, NY on Long Island solo.
We decided to leave the night before and spend it in a hotel, so we could all get a good nights rest.
I had made plans with a few friends to run different races, but they all fell through, and I ran the Entenmann’s Great South Bay Half Marathon over in Bay Shore, NY on Long Island solo.
We decided to leave the night before and spend it in a hotel, so we could all get a good nights rest.
Isn’t it funny that hanging out is so much better in a hotel room?
The kids seemed to like the change of scenery.
The kids seemed to like the change of scenery.
Wes wasn’t always so sure about hanging out in the play pen most of the time, but I wasn’t too keen on letting him roam on the floor.
Scenes like these were very common during my race.
There were beautiful homes and the weather was perfect for race day!
I was so excited to finally see my boys cheering me on at the finish line!
I was struggling towards the end. I had kinda forgotten how hard it is to do this.
I was proud of myself for doing a pretty good job pacing myself at about 9.5 minute miles.
My goal was to match or beat my SLC half time of 2:05:15, and I was able to do that with a final time of 2:03:00.
I’m so glad by boys were there to support me and just be awesome.
I’m one lucky lady!
I’m one lucky lady!
I hope to have more pictures like these throughout the years.
Running and crossing a finish line is such a fulfilling accomplishment and it’s such a good feeling to have support and love from family and friends.
Running and crossing a finish line is such a fulfilling accomplishment and it’s such a good feeling to have support and love from family and friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment