Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Far Drive and Farley Wedding

We just got back from another wonderful trip to Utah and I have to get it all down before the memories fade a little.
We started off with the LONG drive from Texas to Utah. The wedding was on Saturday, but we weren't able to leave until Thursday at 3:00 p.m. because Brian had to teach and Todd had to finish up his first week of work as a physical therapist. We picked Todd up in Waco and drove eight hours to Santa Rosa, NM. 
This was my {mostly} wonderful view for the drive. I got to ride in the back seat with Eve while Todd rode shotgun and took turns driving with Brian. It was great to help the kids a lot easier, but Eve was a little naughtier (as most kids are with their parents) with me right next to her and me not able to ignore her very well like I do when I pretend not to see or hear her when I'm up front. It turned out fine and we made it to our hotel nice and late (or early, depending on how you look at it). 
These boys went right to sleep but Eve was wound up and couldn't fall asleep, so we struggled a little over an hour with her but all got a couple of hours of sleep before hitting the road again.
At our first stop we got some wiggles out with some races and prepped for another long stretch.

I thought it was adorable that Todd and Brian were wearing their bracelets Thad made them-
Thad didn't say anything but I know he was happy to see them both wearing them after making them the week before. So cute.

We tried to stay entertained any way we could and it was overall a success- 

 I implemented the "read one hour before electronics" rule and it went over pretty well.
I did have to give Eve a delicious See's Candy sucker so she would be quiet for twenty minutes- 
It was worth the sacrifice.



And boy were we happy to see these mountains after 12 long hours of driving.
It's really hard to have our long travel day be the second day, but sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do and we did it (even if we had to pay a $200 speeding ticket).

Kayci and Derek's Wedding Day
June 25, 2016
All that driving was worth it because Kayci and Derek's sealing was bright and early Saturday morning at the Salt Lake Temple. 
It was so wonderful to be in the temple with family and witness such a special event. Kayci and Derek are such a great match and are so blessed to enter into an eternal marriage. Their sealer was wonderful and gave them some great advice. We know those two will do great things!


We didn't know until after, but THREE of the girls had been throwing up the night before-
Wells starting the "Wedding Flu" and it passed to quite a few family members over the coming days. Stacie was so sick she almost didn't make the sealing and Kelli threw up SEVEN times that night...yikes! The things we do for family, though...you would have never known! Those three put on their smiles, washed their hands a lot and did their best to keep it at bay. 
Kayci and Derek chose the PERFECT June day and there was no sweating or rain to deal with.




Brian and his siblings are each so wonderful. Seriously. EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. I hit the jackpot when I married in ten years ago, especially in the sister department- 
I have two wonderful sisters of my own, but who could ever say no to more sisters?! These six girls are fabulous and I can't wait to see how we grow and develop over the next ten years!

And in between all those gorgeous, happy pictures we had to have a little Snap Chat fun-
   




Some modeling fun-

And some Asian fun- 
This lady insisted on taking a selfie right in front of our group and the bride and groom...It was annoying but hilarious at the same time!


After pictures we had a little break to spend some time downtown then headed to the Wight House in Bountiful for the luncheon.
Sherry, my mom's BFF was there and we had to make my jealous that we were together...haha!

Having lunch with these fine people is always a good time!
 (Even if we were trying to minimize the amount of things the sick people touched)


We even got to listen to Kelli give a sweet speech-
She and Kayci have such a cute relationship and it was fun to hear what Kell had to say and I think Kayc loved it even more!
Derek was a trooper and even though he was starting to come down with the Wedding Flu, he didn't lead on too much and smiled, ate some of his food and was a sweetheart to Kayci. He only barfed once right before the reception and got some medicine to help him make it through the rest of the night. He's awesome!

After the luncheon we picked our hooligans up from the fabulous Aunt Jenny who let them sleep over our first night in Utah, took them to my mom's family reunion and laid them down for naps- 
Eve was so sweet to wake Wes up for us, she loves that brother! 
As you can see, these cuties were not disappointed to spend some time with Aunt Jenny, she loves them and spoils them in the best way!

We had to get Miss Eve all dolled up and between her natural curl and the help of some curlers, it turned out pretty great!


She was a little picture perfect machine that night!

Kayci and Derek had their reception at Grandma and Grandpa Whitehouse's and I don't think it could have gone any more perfect (besides the groom barfing)! The weather was amazing, the yard looked perfect, the food was good and the crowd was even better. Two big thumbs up from me for a wedding celebration well done!


I love this shot...
of the adults trying to get this shot- 
I think it was worth it!
Derek is the oldest of five and Kayci the youngest of eight, so all seven of the nieces and nephews are from our side of the family. I know this number will be a lot bigger as the years pass and I can't wait to see this group grow.

June loves Brian a lot and wouldn't smile for her parents, but when he pulled out his camera, she lit right up!

The kids had fun running around, playing corn hole and tic-tac-toe and drinking soda to their hearts content in the beauty that was the Whitehouse backyard that perfect June night-









Everyone that went through the line took a Polaroid picture, stuck it to their sign-in book and left their mark for Derek and Kayci.  
Wes was pretty happy with his and Dad's.

And I think I may have to print and hang these beauties- 

My heart died and went to heaven when Kayci sent me these pictures of my babes! It captures each of them so perfectly and I don't think I can pass that picture perfection up. We didn't get a perfect one of Wes, but he is always up for a fun little photo shoot before church, so we'll have to dress him back up.

The Egan Brothers Band made the PERFECT wedding music and all the guests and kids could not get enough of it. 





 If this dancing, smiling happiness doesn't say "perfect ending to a perfect day" I don't know what does...Well done, Farley's, well done!

I am so glad our little family was able to be a party of this awesome day with our bigger family. These types of events remind us what it's all about. 
Happiest of wedding days, Mr. and Mrs. Farley!
Love, The Monsens

P.S. Even though we gave you such a hard time about the sage green, it turned out pretty perfect. Love ya!

1 comment:

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

Oh my goodness, those men with the bracelets, I love it! And a speeding ticket? Ouch! Hate those! And wow that asian lady with her selfie...that is an awesome memory, I'm glad you snapped that one. And SnapChat faces...that will definitely date you in the long run. LOVE that polaroid of Wes and Brian, SO cute!!! Fun idea for wedding album. Great wedding celebration!