Brian made flight arrangements for he and Eve to travel to Utah for the funeral and stay a couple of extra days to hang out with family. That is the wonderful thing about Brian's program/job...he is so flexible if he needs to be! He and Eve headed to the airport bright and early the day before the funeral. We all stumbled into the van at 4:30 a.m. to get them there for the 6 a.m. flight.
Most would think kids would have grumpy faces with such an early wake up call...not the Monsens! Early rising runs through these kids' veins (courtesy of Brian Monsen and Teresa Whitehouse) and they were happy as clams to go on an early morning adventure.
Brian and Eve got to the gate and on the plane with no incident and got an entire row to themselves!
Brian said she was surprisingly good and even slept on their second flight! What?! Eve sleeping in arms is non-existent! I love when babies are good, it makes everyone happy.
Snapchat came in handy-
She is a beauty and earned her wings! Daddy was very proud of her good behavior. She is perfect.
They got to Utah in time for a BBQ with Kayci's fiance's family and they were both excited to spend time with family.
Nothing like cousins hanging out before the party...BEST!
Saturday, May 14, 2016 was the day of the funeral and Brian and his three siblings headed to Holden for what he said were wonderful services.
It was a beautiful day remembering a wonderful man.
The day before he died he mowed the lawn, spread fertilizer and did most things on his own...he was a machine! What a great example of hard work and dedication he set for all those around him.
I'm so glad Brian was able to attend this with his three amazing siblings.
I loved getting Snapchats of them singing their favorite songs and being silly on the drive down, siblings are the best!
Eve and daddy spent the rest of the time hanging out, doing whatever they wanted with family and had a blast!
Ice from grandma = AWESOME
She kept showing everyone how she could crawl down the step just like Wells...impressive, Eve!
Grandma and her grandbabes :)
On Sunday Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Kent hosted everyone for dinner so Brian and Eve could spend some time with the Wilsons. I didn't get many pictures sent to me, but I did get some video of the basketballin' and I know they had a blast!
I hate this one a lot. Scary.
They were able to spend Monday and part of Tuesday before they had to head home and had a blast spending some extra time with family.
Before they knew it, it was time to do the flight thing all over again!
She was not as nice as she looks in these pictures on their first flight...
But after a nap and a snack at the Denver airport-
She was all smiles and ready to do the happy flying baby thing again!
And with a little help from Snapchat {again} they made their way back to Texas all in one piece.
Ha ha ha!
I love these two so much and am so glad they had such a good time on this trip. Brian is the best daddy in all the world and this little girl is pretty obsessed. I'm so glad I could spend some time with boys because of their awesome dad and his willingness to take Eve along with him.






















No comments:
Post a Comment