Monday, February 23, 2015

Eve - 5 Months

I'm sure you can tell already, but we REALLY love this girl of ours...and in all honesty, I love this girl more and more with each month that passes. She has not been the easiest or most pleasant of babies, but she sure is falling into a groove and it really does make me love her more. For the past couple of weeks she has been sleeping through the night without needing her paci, so that is big strides for us! It really changes your life when babies don't need you in the night. Here is a glimpse of our beauty we get to hang out with every day.



 Along with her improving sleep habits, she is also much more pleasant for longer times during the day. She didn't even care when her bow fell down into her eyes! I love her.


 It's kind of impossible to not have little photo shoots with this girl in a dress and bow...she is irresistible!
 And look at her chub!!!
 I love how meaty she is getting! She is starting to feel a lot more solid like the boys did at this age.







She is starting to like toys more and more and especially loves soft, squeaky chew toys. We pulled out the box of baby toys this month and the boys were more excited about it than her!

Her grip and hand-eye coordination is getting pretty good and she loves chomping on anything she can get in her mouth.
She loves a good bottle six times a day, but is getting very interested in food. She watches us like a hawk when we eat and I'm sure she'll be ready for her own next month!

I posted this picture and caption on Instagram during Thad's birthday week because it was a crazy week, but I tried to slow down and enjoy-

Some days when I think, "Yo, this mom thing is really hard!" I see my baby girl and try to remember that some day in the not-so-far future I won't have this tiny perfect human laying on my floor, sucking on her paci, playing with her toy and perfectly touching her toes. It's going to be a distant memory. And I've been thinking a lot about how I need to soak it in and make that memory a little more vivid. Babies are hard. Being a mom is hard. But man, it sure is good. Really, really good.



Overall this girl would prefer to be held, but she enjoys the floor a lot and just goes back and forth between her tummy and back and scoots around. It is so cute and she is much more mobile than the boys were at this point. We will not be surprised if she is crawling in the next month or two!


  



And this stretch! She does it every time i get her from her crib and I love it!

Here is another trick this girl is perfecting with her daddy-
I know this trick is old news for lots of people, but we never tried it with our boys and she is so good at it! Sometimes she doesn't feel like putting the work in, but when she does it, it's the cutest thing! And...these two make the cutest pair, mmmmm-kay!
 
These two don't come in far behind, though:
 When Thad started school, I thought Wes might be super sad that he didn't get to spend his days with him anymore, but he is over the moon about being able to spend his days with this sweetheart. He may get a little too close and a little too interested, but I wouldn't want it the other way around, so we deal with it. He is so sweet with her and I'm just so glad this girl has big brothers that adore her.


Happiest 5 months to our perfect little Eve!
-Please enjoy all the tongue action!-

  
Don't tell the boys, but for the moment I think this onesie is telling the honest truth! ;)




  

1 comment:

Taryn said...

She is too cute! Glad she is getting in a rhythm for ya. Makes all the difference, that's for sure! Love that last group of pictures. Cutest outfit!