Labor Day weekend started out the month of September and it was a busy weekend for us! We debated about going somewhere like Pittsburgh or Cleveland for the weekend, but decided that with the baby it just wasn't worth packing things up for a night or two. So Eve decided to spice things up and fall of her loft bed on Friday evening and break her arm. It was so sad! She was just up there playing, rolled off and tried to catch herself with her arm. Brian and I were down in the family room and as soon as we heard the thump and her cry, we knew something was wrong. Eve is one tough chick and doesn't get riled up about much, but she was wailing and babying her arm and we knew we had to take her to the instacare. Brian gave her a blessing before we went over and that helped calm her down, she actually fell asleep on the 5 minute drive there and it was bit of a relief. She was such a good sport about all of it and held still for x-rays and this little number-
She broke her ulna and radius near her elbow so she had to have the long arm cast. She wore this soft cast for the weekend while the swelling went down and we waited to make an appointment with the orthopedist.
On Saturday the boys were able to go to their first Buckeyes game and had a blast!
I love when these handsome guys are able to go and spend time together bonding over guy stuff! Don't get me wrong, me and my girls love a good football game, but broken arms and small babies are no good for mixing with heat, steep stairs and loud cheering. We gladly hung out at home and watched from the comfort of the couch and the A/C.
Sunday was a day of getting some fun close ups of 3 out 4 of those Monsen kids-
On Labor Day our friends, the Wernlis, invited our ward to their awesome property and it was such a fun evening! It was one of those times where I just didn't feel like going but we had already committed and made a treat so we were going to go no matter what...and I am SO GLAD we did! It was a perfect fall evening with so many wonderful ward members and scenery to die for.
Yes, they have a pond in their back yard.
Eve was pretty ticked she couldn't get wet but pushed every limit she could. I made several people nervous by allowing her to be on this swing (with me right by) and Brian finally did the paddle boat with her and that satisfied her for the most part. I'm pretty sure she cried more than once and left with soaking wet feet, but her arm made it out dry and that's all that mattered!
Luckily the swelling and bruising went down enough and she was able to leave with her pretty pink cast, ready for everyone to sign!
I was the judge and determined they had to try their own before I would try it. I'm not sure it would have stopped the Young Men from eating theirs, but at least I knew it wasn't toxic!
They all turned out ok and the lovely dish of cheesy pasta in the picture above took home the golden spatula!
Brian went on an overnight backpacking trip with the scouts and had a good time with the boys-
We sure miss him when he's gone, but we often benefit from his calling and the boys were so excited that they got to go on the stake Young Men's camp out a couple weekends later-
The boys hadn't been camping in quite some time, so it was great to have an excuse to get in the wilderness with their dad!
Eve, Mae and I had a girl's night and slept much better than those three!
Love these little chicks!
Thad started a golf clinic at the local golf club from 6-7pm on Thursdays and that golden hour out on the golf course has made for some fun pictures-
Thad has the biggest cheerleader in this little sister of his!
And I know this little one will be right along side her when she's big enough.
Wes was able to go to Utah with Brian for the BYU Symposium this year and he had a blast! There were able to see most of the cousins and spend lots of quality one on one time together.
Their flight left bright and early on a Thursday morning, but luckily it was a direct flight and they had most of the day to spend with family in West Jordan.
Top Golf with Grandma and Grandpa Whitehouse was a major hit!
There was lots of good football going on and here is Wes in front of Sam Elinger, the QB for the Longhorns. It's a long story, but we call him their brother so it was very appropriate.
Teresa spoiled them with good food and good company!
Wes was able to have a sleepover with Wells and then one with Caden and had a blast spending one on time with those cousins of his.
Monday was their last day and they were able to spend the day together exercising, going to Scheel's and eating the favorite Utah eats one last time!
They were excited to have a seat between them on their flight home and I was excited to see their cute faces after 5 long days with out them!
Although we missed them, Thad, Eve, Mae and I had some fun of our own...I didn't get many pictures, but they hit the dentist, had a fun night at Leed's Farm and got to spend lots of time with their one and only mama!


And though we all wished we were in Utah with Dad and Wes, I can't complain one bit about spending my days with those faces! I love them so much!
We also got to attend the Buddy Walk in support of our cute friend with Down Syndrome, Tagg! We were able to attend this fun event last year with the Slavens family and I think it's safe to say it will be a yearly thing. The Slavens are incredible hosts and had all sorts of fun to do at their tent and delicious food to eat! We loved being a part of team, "Tagg You're It!"
Melanie(Tagg's Mom).Lori.Maya.Avery.Me
I also think it's safe to say that anything is better with the Von Cannon teenagers around!
I just took this picture of Eve to show how much she doesn't care that her arm is in a cast. She is a beast!
We sure love you, Tagg, and are so glad we got to celebrate how special you really are!
"Tagg You're It!"
And some random pictures to finish off this lengthy September post:
Thad saved his money and got this 300 pack of basketball cards and we had to document-
Just in case you didn't know...Thad really likes basketball.
We still love the fire pit we got Brian for his birthday-
Thad got to go to an apple orchard with Taim and had a blast-

He was also sad that he missed one point on his math test because he didn't RDQ.
Brian tells all his students before an exam to make sure and RDQ: Read the Dang Question! If you don't, you might miss points! We now tell Thad this all the time and he came home and said, "Mom, look, I didn't RDQ." We had a good chuckle about it and sent a picture to Brian.
Learning life lessons young!
Luckily I found this on Brian's camera roll, but he got his official plaque for his award he go last spring and I couldn't be more proud of him-
The man takes his job seriously and got recognized for it. Love you, Professor Monsen!
On Saturday the boys were able to go to their first Buckeyes game and had a blast!
I love when these handsome guys are able to go and spend time together bonding over guy stuff! Don't get me wrong, me and my girls love a good football game, but broken arms and small babies are no good for mixing with heat, steep stairs and loud cheering. We gladly hung out at home and watched from the comfort of the couch and the A/C.
Sunday was a day of getting some fun close ups of 3 out 4 of those Monsen kids-
And I loved catching this moment of the boys and Mae huddled around Brian-
I can't get enough of Wes just being a Baby Boss, it makes me so happy!
Yes, they have a pond in their back yard.
Eve was pretty ticked she couldn't get wet but pushed every limit she could. I made several people nervous by allowing her to be on this swing (with me right by) and Brian finally did the paddle boat with her and that satisfied her for the most part. I'm pretty sure she cried more than once and left with soaking wet feet, but her arm made it out dry and that's all that mattered!
Wes and Eve were totally digging the fishing and Brian captured this glorious moment of Wes and I will forever be grateful. I LOVE that kid!
He also got these darling pictures of him before we went and I just love how much Wes is Wes and doesn't care one bit what anyone else thinks-
You always be you, Wes - Pokemon, patriotism and all!
Eve was able to get her cast on Tuesday after Labor Day and here it what it looked like right before-
Ouch.Luckily the swelling and bruising went down enough and she was able to leave with her pretty pink cast, ready for everyone to sign!
I think she used the cuff and collar for about an hour and then never touched it again for the 4 weeks she had the cast. That girl does not stop!
The day after she got her cast it was FINALLY her turn to start Pre-K at her new school! She had been dying to start school since the boys did the second week of August and she has loved every minute of it.
Brian has been busy as Young Men's president and it has given him and our family several wonderful opportunities to be around the youth of our ward. We were able to have everyone over to our house for YM/YW where they had an Iron Chef competition. I'm not sure they were qualified on any level, but it sure was fun!
I was the judge and determined they had to try their own before I would try it. I'm not sure it would have stopped the Young Men from eating theirs, but at least I knew it wasn't toxic!
They all turned out ok and the lovely dish of cheesy pasta in the picture above took home the golden spatula!
Brian went on an overnight backpacking trip with the scouts and had a good time with the boys-
We sure miss him when he's gone, but we often benefit from his calling and the boys were so excited that they got to go on the stake Young Men's camp out a couple weekends later-
The boys hadn't been camping in quite some time, so it was great to have an excuse to get in the wilderness with their dad!
Eve, Mae and I had a girl's night and slept much better than those three!
Love these little chicks!
Thad started a golf clinic at the local golf club from 6-7pm on Thursdays and that golden hour out on the golf course has made for some fun pictures-
Thad has the biggest cheerleader in this little sister of his!
And I know this little one will be right along side her when she's big enough.
Wes was able to go to Utah with Brian for the BYU Symposium this year and he had a blast! There were able to see most of the cousins and spend lots of quality one on one time together.
Their flight left bright and early on a Thursday morning, but luckily it was a direct flight and they had most of the day to spend with family in West Jordan.
Top Golf with Grandma and Grandpa Whitehouse was a major hit!
There was lots of good football going on and here is Wes in front of Sam Elinger, the QB for the Longhorns. It's a long story, but we call him their brother so it was very appropriate.
This is Wes resting up after his almost all-nighter with Caden!
Wes was able to have a sleepover with Wells and then one with Caden and had a blast spending one on time with those cousins of his.
Monday was their last day and they were able to spend the day together exercising, going to Scheel's and eating the favorite Utah eats one last time!
They were excited to have a seat between them on their flight home and I was excited to see their cute faces after 5 long days with out them!
Although we missed them, Thad, Eve, Mae and I had some fun of our own...I didn't get many pictures, but they hit the dentist, had a fun night at Leed's Farm and got to spend lots of time with their one and only mama!
And though we all wished we were in Utah with Dad and Wes, I can't complain one bit about spending my days with those faces! I love them so much!
We also got to attend the Buddy Walk in support of our cute friend with Down Syndrome, Tagg! We were able to attend this fun event last year with the Slavens family and I think it's safe to say it will be a yearly thing. The Slavens are incredible hosts and had all sorts of fun to do at their tent and delicious food to eat! We loved being a part of team, "Tagg You're It!"
Melanie(Tagg's Mom).Lori.Maya.Avery.Me
I also think it's safe to say that anything is better with the Von Cannon teenagers around!
I just took this picture of Eve to show how much she doesn't care that her arm is in a cast. She is a beast!
We sure love you, Tagg, and are so glad we got to celebrate how special you really are!
"Tagg You're It!"
And some random pictures to finish off this lengthy September post:
Thad saved his money and got this 300 pack of basketball cards and we had to document-
Just in case you didn't know...Thad really likes basketball.
We still love the fire pit we got Brian for his birthday-
Thad got to go to an apple orchard with Taim and had a blast-
He was also sad that he missed one point on his math test because he didn't RDQ.
Brian tells all his students before an exam to make sure and RDQ: Read the Dang Question! If you don't, you might miss points! We now tell Thad this all the time and he came home and said, "Mom, look, I didn't RDQ." We had a good chuckle about it and sent a picture to Brian.
Learning life lessons young!
Luckily I found this on Brian's camera roll, but he got his official plaque for his award he go last spring and I couldn't be more proud of him-
The man takes his job seriously and got recognized for it. Love you, Professor Monsen!
I also found this on his camera roll-
Poor guy fell down while he was running. He thought he destroyed his phone when it happened, but luckily the phone made it without a scratch and nothing worse than those scrapes happened.
Eve has become obsessed with playing restaurant and sets up the lego table so nicely for any customers that are willing to dine at her place-
I asked her what her establishment was called the other day and she hummed and hawed and said, "The Best in the World."
I'll take it!
She also makes the cutest funny faces with dad-
Silly!!!
And this little Mae baby just keeps getting bigger and bigger and better and better!
We can't get enough of her...she has her own 3-month post coming up pretty darn quick! Can you believe it?! She's THREE whole months!
And that's wraps up our snippets of September...thanks for stopping by!








































No comments:
Post a Comment