Mae was officially THREE months last week and I have to admit, this girl just gets better with age! The combination of her being such a good tempered baby and me chillin' out so much after three other kids has been magical. She sleeps through the night on occasion (9:30 p.m. - 7:30 a.m) but most of the time we are up with her once...and I'm not even stressing about it! Yeah, I wish it was more consistent and that she would just go the whole night every night, but this will end. One day I won't have any more babies to be up in the night with and I know I will miss these days. This 5 year gap between Eve and Mae has made all the difference with my perspective that I am so grateful for. Well, I won't hold off any longer with what we're all waiting for...pictures of that cutest baby--
We still use the swing quite a bit and she loves it. I love how she kicks a lot and her toes end up coming out of the end of the blanket. Baby piggies are the cutest!
And this brother is still just as in love with this girl as he was the day she came home...probably more!
Wes and Brian got home late after their trip to Utah, but the first thing he did when he woke up that morning was get that girl out of her crib to snuggle her.
My heart explodes every time.
I have taken every opportunity I can to nap with her, so on Sundays if she wakes up prematurely from her nap in her crib, you can bet your bottom dollar you can find us here finishing it out together-
Someone else wishes she could sleep with this baby, but supervised time together on her bunk is about as far as we can let that go-
These sisters make me so happy!
I am so glad they have each other and that we have a lot of time to spend together at home while Eve does half days of school the next couple years. Spending my days with these ladies can be exhausting, but I can't imagine anything better!
(Eve made herself a flower head band with real flower petals and Scotch tape after putting flower stickers on Mae's headband. I love her creativity!)
I am the luckiest!
She is starting to find her voice and any chance we get we chat with her as long as she will go. These pictures are shots from a video I took of her chatting-
I love her tongue and constant kicking legs!
She has issues with torticollis where her neck muscles are tight on one side and it has produced a slight flat spot on the right side of her head. We are doing a little physical therapy for it, having her nap on her tummy (supervised, of course) once a day and we tried out this hat for a hot minute...
She was ticked and screamed nearly the whole time, so I backed off and have just been diligent about her neck stretches and tummy time and she has made a ton of progress. We have a couple more appointments with the doctor working on this with her, but we are definitely in the clear and won't need a helmet.
She still loves the bath and I can sit her in and get Eve and I ready while she soaks and she loves it! I hope she always loves the water.
SO squishy!!
This brother is still pretty in love with her too-
He is my go-to guy when things are crazy and I need an extra set of hands. He isn't always asking to hold her, but he is always ready and willing to help and always trying to make her smile. I love seeing my big boy with my littlest baby.
The older three thought it was pretty funny one night when Eve made a fan out of a post-it note and got Mae to hold on to it-
Brian and I got a pretty good chuckle out of it too!
They have since gotten her to hold on to a small wooden dagger they have and I'll have to get a picture next time because it is pretty hilarious.
She had her 2-month check up which was a lot closer to 3-months and is as healthy as they come-
And you can see all those 90th+ percentiles in these yummiest cheeks-
I am also loving her spit bubbles that gather on her chin after she talks or sits for a long time. She is perfection.
Our cameras are over flowing with pictures of her and I don't think I will every regret taking so many, this time just passes too quickly!
Mae Monsen, thank you for bringing all the joy that you have, our family adores you!
Happy 3 months, perfect baby girl!









No comments:
Post a Comment