Monday, October 9, 2017

Eve Turns 3!!!

We decided that because it's our last year in Texas everyone gets to have a big time birthday party. Wes and Thad both had big birthday parties before we moved from Connecticut and they both are a couple of my very favorite memories!
 If I would have asked Eve what kid of party she wanted, her first choice most likely would have been a Frozen themed party. Well, I was not nice enough to ask and just told her she was going to have a mermaid party and that it would be the greatest! Mermaids are super trendy right now and I thought it would be the perfect theme for a pool party because depending on where we move next year, a pool party might not be an option for her Fall birthday again! She totally ate it up and told everyone it was her Mermaid Birthday! This girls loves to swim so it was perfect for me to take advantage of the hot weather and the $0 cost of our neighborhood pool.

BUT, before all the mermaid fun at the pool, she woke up to some fun decorations and a few presents to keep her occupied until then. Her birthday was on a Saturday, so we had a ton of fun just hanging out with her and celebrating the three awesome years we have had her around.


I just love that morning hair! Those blonde locks with those baby curls on the end make me SO happy and I never want them to go away. I hope I always remember how she pushes her hair out of her face with her full palm.  
I started teaching her how to make 3 with her fingers a couple weeks before and she totally nailed it for her big day! 
 I think those brothers kinda like her!
After she got a few little presents (notice the pink gum, Ariel doll and bracelet made by Thad), we brought out the big guns-
 
She finally got her Elsa bike!
I bought it on clearance at Walmart when we were buying the boys' school supplies and she was with me, but I put it in the back of the van and by the time we got home I had convinced her we had to leave it at the store. Tricking three year olds isn't very hard if you were wondering. My sweet friend Anna kept it in her garage for 5 weeks and in the mean time Eve stole Brookie's out of her garage every chance she got, so when Eve saw this she was PUMPED!
 She was also pumped that we let her ride it around the house all afternoon!

A little later we FaceTimed Grandma Teresa to open this amazing handmade gift- 

Yes sirree, that is a one of a kind mermaid tail you see there! She put it on and sat in it for 30 minutes straight in that exact spot. She loves it! 
 

Eve was so excited when it was time to get in her swimsuit and head to the pool! We invited our favorite friends and neighbors that love our girl so much and we had a wonderful time on the hot fall day that it was.

 
 ~The Hatches~

I love how sweet the Hatch girls are with Eve! Lizzy took right over when they got there and had her all sunscreened and ready to go before I knew it!

Brookie was so cute and walked in with her present and wanted Eve to open it RIGHT THEN! Eve did not mind one bit.





 ~The Boys~
Silly, crazy, daring, sweet, wonderful boys!


Mila.Anna.Mom.Charli.Danielle
The people that came are my people and I realized that part of being my people means loving Eve and these ladies have sure done and continue to do just that! 
 I'm pretty sure Eve considers Kristen her best friend!

~The Martins~
These awesome people have moved from our cul de sac, but luckily we still get to see them often!


After swimming and some yummy food it was finally time for Eve's mermaid cake- 
 Happy birthday to you,
 Happy birthday to you,
 Happy birthday, dear Eve...
Happy birthday to you!!





After the delicious Costco cake and pink Blue Bell ice cream??
PRESENTS!



 


 


We topped the party off with some more swimming, bocce ball and saying goodbye to our favorite people.

 

~The Brennans~

~The Dukes~

 
This party could not have been any more perfect for our little mermaid! We have the best people in our lives and it makes me especially happy when those teenagers will come to my three year old's birthday party on a Saturday, now that's love. Eve makes loving her pretty dang easy and all of these wonderful people are proof of that!

We took it easy for the rest of the evening and Eve LOVED hanging out in her gift from the Dukes after her bath-
This is for reals. 
She is the greatest unicorn I ever did see! 
Again, those curls! All the heart eyes for my amazing three year old.

I can't say enough about how amazing this girl is and how blessed we are to have her in our family. She makes us laugh every day and says the cutest things all the time.

Three things we love about our Eve:
3. Her spice! She is pretty defiant and pushes back on most things I say, but usually always comes around. She can read the feeling in the room and knows when to be funny or crazy and add to it all.

2. Her use of pronouns. This is so random, but I never want to forget her misuse of  'she' and 'he.' I will be on the phone with grandma and Eve will say, "I want to talk to she!" She does it all the time and Brian and I get a kick out of it every time! I hope she never stops, but unfortunately I know it will.

1. Tough girlie girl. This girl loves everything pink and Frozen related, but can keep up with the best of them when it comes to wrestling, falling down, light sabering, sound effects, scootering, running, swimming or biking! Her brothers combined with her determination have made her the tough cookie she is and we wouldn't change a thing about that!
 Happy 3rd birthday, Evelyn Ann! Love you to the moon!

No comments: