Weeks three and four with Miss Eve were pretty much an extension of the first two with lots of pictures of her perfection. Enjoy.
Although Eve is only seven weeks old as I write this, it's almost hard to remember too many details about what was going on a few weeks ago! I was tired (still am), she was sleeping less during the day, fussing a little more, had some tummy troubles, but never ceased to be cute. I do remember very clearly that we all fell a little more in love with her every day.
We figured out pretty quick that this little gal likes her tummy time and wants it a few times every day.
She's only 3 weeks old in these pictures and I just can't believe how strong she is! I think I am more surprised at her stamina on her tummy because the boys were not big fans at all! So for her to stay like this for 10-20 minutes lifting her head from side to side was really fun to watch.
And let's not forget the lady that made these weeks that much more awesome -- Grandma Teresa!
It was so wonderful to have Grandma Teresa arrive after being on my own for a few days after Grandma Cindy left. Getting up at 6:30 a.m. to get Thad to school is a killer after a night with a newborn. Two days was enough for me, and this lady took over the second she got here! She would do everything to get him and Wes ready, walk Thad to school and go on a walk for an hour with Wes. She thinks of the funnest things and when I went walking with them one day, Wes talked about how they counted the fire hydrants and tickled them with weeds. She stopped at the park and pushed him on the swings between her strength exercises and he loved it so much. She has set a pretty high bar for walks and I don't think I have quite lived up to it with that little man. Luckily she's our grandma forever and there are a lot more walks in their future, I'm sure.
She even spotted this creature that died a slow and agonizing death on one of our walks. We all stared at it for a few minutes and got a good laugh! But still a little bit sad, right?!
Having an extra set of hands to take care of these hooligans so that I could make dinner or she could make dinner or clean or do whatever was such a blessing. I was able to volunteer at the school a couple of times, run random errands, attend a funeral, and go to San Antonio to see Birtley and Tiffany and attend the temple. Grandmas are the best.
She made sure we had something fun for the boys for Halloween and for FHE, the night before she left, we (mostly her and Brian) decorated our door and the boys were pumped about having Frank for our front door!
None of us were happy about saying good bye to her that night, but it had to be done.
Not my prettiest picture, but that's what I get for not taking a picture with her until 10pm the night before her 6am flight! I'm sad I didn't get any others, but I really do love this lady a lot and had to have proof I was with her!
We sent her this picture the morning she left and told her we missed her on her our walk. Pushing the stroller the whole time on my own was WAY harder and I sure was wishing she was there to take her turn!
What a wonderful week we had with a wonderful grandmother that adores her grandbabies. We are loved and we know it not only because she tells us, but because she shows us. Thank you for everything, Grandma Teresa!

No comments:
Post a Comment