Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to Mom! (That’s me)

I love birthdays, anyone’s birthday, and mine is no exception. I love to celebrate and luckily I have a man that understands that and is excited and willing to celebrate with me. The party started the weekend before my birthday, and we got a sitter and headed downtown on a fancy little date. We headed to the mall first to try and find me some maternity clothes as my regular clothes were getting tighter by the week! After shopping we headed downtown to Bess Bistro. I had looked at the menu ahead of time and that is why I picked to go there, and my expectations were not only met, but incredibly exceeded!
IMG_0039
The bistro was in a basement and it had such a fun atmosphere. It is so fun going out with this man of mine!
IMG_0042
After dinner, we explored downtown a little bit and enjoyed being in the city.
IMG_0045
We were looking for a place to get some dessert, and then remembered Pinkberry…
IMG_0047
This is just about my favorite dessert place EVER. Maybe Rice to Riches is a little higher on the list, but this is a close second!
IMG_0050
Brian likes it too.
And I like him.

After our weekend date, my birthday was on Monday and it was the perfect day.
Brian surprised me and went into school a bit later and he and Thad made me breakfast.
20140414_070332

20140414_071649
Seriously? How cute are they? I’m sure Thad is going to be a perfect pancake maker just like his dad.

That afternoon my friend Kristen put together a lunch for me and I headed to Jack Allen’s Kitchen with a few of my gal pals
IMG_0051
Thad had school that day, so Wes got to join in on the fun! These are all such fun ladies and I’m so grateful that after only living here for 8 months, I have people that care.

After lunch we picked up Mr. Thad from school and I got a fun Easter/birthday package from Grandma Teresa. She sent us the movie Frozen and Thad and I had not seen it, so we laid Mr. Wes down and had a quiet afternoon of Frozen watching.
I’m pretty sure we made ourselves kinda sick eating the Easter candy too. Yum!
IMG_0054
What a perfect face to spend my birthday afternoon with. I love him.

I got this awesome picture from Kelli…
IMG_0055
And I could NOT stop laughing! I still love looking at it so much! It made me feel like I spent my birthday with the entire Monsen/Whitehouse clan!

Dad surprised me again and came home EARLY! That is a rare thing around here, so I was perfectly happy when I saw his face before 5pm.
We had dinner at Torchy’s Tacos:
20140414_184817
IMG_0057
(I love how Wes is looking at Brian. They really adore this dad of theirs, and I love capturing it on camera.)
IMG_0063

And to top off the night…
IMG_0895
Texas sized Round Rock donut for all!
IMG_0898
IMG_0899
IMG_0902

IMG_0907
This family and these boys of mine are just the best thing that could ever happen to my birthday.
IMG_0914

IMG_0909
It’s hard to believe there will be a little girl in the mix next year on my birthday, but I know it will just be that much more fun.
IMG_0915
Happy 28th birthday to me.
What a spoiled, grateful, happy wife and mother I truly am.

No comments: