Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Oh What a Day When Visitors Come Play!

Brigitte has the reputation of being the most frequent, easy visitor. She visited me often when I was single at college in Cedar City and in Logan and has been the best even since Brian and I have been married. When we lived in Logan there were a few times she would call in the morning, ask what I was up to and before I knew it she was knocking on my door. We have always known Brigitte has a "Yellow" personality, which means she has always got fun on the brain! She discovered a deal on a flight to NYC 2 months ago and figured she better take advantage of only paying for one ticket before Leah turns 2 in May and booked the next day. Boy, we sure are glad she did, because Aunt Brigitte and Leah are FUN, FUN, FUN!!

When she came in August she stayed for a week, but decided to not stay so long since we wouldn't have the beach and warm weather to keep the kiddos entertained. We were worried Thad and Leah might get at each other, but the stayed true to the title of BCFs (Best Cousins Forever) that they earned in August.

Brig and Leah flew in on a red-eye and Leah was an angel and slept the whole flight. Leah was ready to play when they arrived, so her and Thad caught up with each other while Brig took a nap before we put her to work! We headed to Hanna's that afternoon so Brig could do both my hair and Hanna's. Hanna is such a good sport to let us bring our kids to hang out ALL afternoon. What great friends we have! I'm sad I didn't get a picture of us, but that is the theme of this trip....I have hardly any pictures. :(

That night we headed to the Relief Society Birthday Dinner in my "old" ward. A few weeks ago they divided 2 wards into 3 and we are now some of the first members of the Darien Ward. I'm really glad we got to attend this dinner with the ladies from the Stamford 1st Ward because we didn't get a chance to meet together as a ward after the split was announced. It is sad we won't be able to see a lot of our good friends at church on Sundays, but we are so grateful we moved in before the split and were able to create friendships with those in that ward. It is so amazing to see the church grow!

Friday was spent running errands and getting ready for...
GLITTER TOES!
Brig is so talented and brought her stuff to share her talents with my family and friends on the east coast. 
These are just a few of the girls that attended our girls' night out and they made it a HUGE success! Thanks to everyone who came...I hope you're loving your toes!
Leah and Thad were AMAZING during Glitter Toes (mostly because Brigitte is smart and purchased Tangled), and we were just so glad they went easy on us that night. What good cousins you two are!

Saturday was a shopping day and it was FABULOUS! Brian was such a good sport and headed to the mall with us AND watched the kids at the play place while Brig and I slipped away to H&M to try on some clothes. This is a very rare occurrence  for me and I soaked up every minute! We didn't abandon him for too long, but it was long enough to fill up a few bags before we headed home. Before Brian went to priesthood we abandoned him again to finish up our shopping that we couldn't get done at the mall...What an AWESOME guy! We just had a fun night together chatting and watching TV. Sister time is so great!

Sunday Brig took our family pictures. Like I said, she if very talented and is so generous to share them all with us. I CANNOT wait to see the final product! (Hint, hint, Brig) 

(I look like I'm trying extra hard, but I'm ok. I promise. Thad is heavier than Leah, but not forehead-vein popping heavier.) 
This is how the rest of the weekend was spent.
Relaxing.
This is the awesome thing about Brigitte being a frequent visitor: she is low maintenance. We don't have to do anything extravagant to entertain her, she is just happy to be with us. And we are sure happy she was with us!

Monday and Tuesday were spent running fun errands, eating yummy food and enjoying each other's company. Brian watched the kids yet again while we went to a late movie Monday night. He really spoiled us!
There was a lot of this watched, but Tangled was by far the big hit while they were here. Thad loved the chameleon...not the princess.
Their last day we headed to the Children's Museum to make sure Leah was worn out and would sleep on the flight.
It was pretty fun, and the kids loved the balls and water, of course!

Thad and Leah were both terrified of this gorilla, but we made them get pictures with us anyways.



I was ready to bite Brigitte's head off by the end of her trip! ;-)

Like I said, it was pretty fun but it was crowded and Thad and Leah weren't as excited about everything as we thought they would be. We still needed to use some time since we were skipping naps for the day, so we stayed close and headed to the...
Library!
Who would have thought they would be more entertained here?
It was nice and quiet and we were the only ones there. The kids loved reading books in between the fun activities they had around and we stayed for over an hour!



Before we knew it, it was time to for Aunt Brigitte and Leah to get on an airplane and head home. Time really flies when you're having fun! 

Thank you for being such easy visitors, we will host you anytime. 

We love you ladies with all our hearts and can't wait to see you this summer...in Utah and Connecticut! 

9 comments:

Brigitte said...

We LOVED visiting! It was so much fun, thanks so much for having us! Can't wait to see you again!

Taryn said...

It is always the best when family comes to visit! Sounds like a nice, relaxing trip!

Haley Hill said...

Fun fun! Sisters are the best...we are lucky to have awesome sisters. I can't wait to come see you. We need to talk soon so we can figure things out for our trip! WEEEEEE!!!

Lizzie said...

Your sister is so cute! It was fun to meet her. Looks like you guys had a blast. Sisters are the best!

Kristin and Mike Jenson said...

Such a fun sister! I think she should come out again in June to re-do my toes. I bet with the amount of people who will want glitter toes in the summer... we could probably fund her trip... I love my toes!! Thanks for such a fun night!

The Arbuckle's said...

What a fun time with your sister. I want to hang out with her, she seems fun!

Hansen Family said...

I have not been on your blog in forever and I am sorry for it! You have the funnest pictures and it looks like you are able to do such fun things! Thad is quite the handsome boy these days. Heidi showed me a picture of him the other day and he is getting tall and looks so much more like a little boy these days. Can you beleive that they are two! I haven't tried the potty yet with Kate. I am hoping to try in the next few weeks but I have the feeling that it will go about like it did for Thad. Wish us luck! Hope to see you this summer when you are here!

Heidi Madsen said...

Leah is so big, I haven't seen her forever. So glad you had a great time with Brig! LOVE your blonde hair!! Sure wish I was coming to Norwalk anytime soon.... :( Maybe next year!!!

Lindsay said...

Looks like too much fun! :) Thad is so cute, I love all his fun expressions.