We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year especially because Grandma Cindy and Grandpa Kent were able to join us all the way from Utah!
They told us a few months ago they would love to join us if they could and we didn't hesitate a moment! It worked perfectly to have them fly in on Thanksgiving day and my kids obviously didn't take any time to warm up once they arrived.
Cousins from Waco arrived shortly after Grandpa and Grandma and the kids were just happy to be together and the adults were just happy to be able to dig into all the delicious food that awaited!
We enjoyed a DELICIOUS meal, one another's company and the beautiful weather the kids were able to burn off their energy in!
When the kiddos came in they finally got to work on the shrinky dinks that Grandma Teresa sent while the adults held off on pie as long as we could.
Our later dinner made it hard for our tummies to be excited about dessert but we couldn't hold off the kids or our eyes any longer and pulled out all the delicious pies. We had way too much, but we tried them all!
Kelsie's berry pie was my favorite of the night, but my coconut creme and Costco's pumpkin came in close second!
We wrapped up our night and Eve realized she had the same jammies as June and HAD to wear them! June wouldn't pose for a pic so we could capture them matching with their pjs and their knitted pink blankets from Grandma Teresa, so we settled for a shot of their backs.
Hosting all these wonderful people in my home on Thanksgiving made my heart so full of gratitude on that wonderful holiday. I am truly grateful for the wonderful relationships we have with both sides of our families and I'm so glad we were able to combine the two this year. I need to come up with a fun gratitude tradition if/when I host Thanksgiving in the future because we didn't even go around the room and say what we were grateful for. Minor fail there, but don't you worry, we had some fun ways throughout the month to remember and recognize some of the things that matter most to us:
We put this Gratitude Tree up during FHE earlier in the month and enjoyed looking at it every time we left the house.
Wes made this at school:
Books. School. Class. Frends. Famoly. Techr.
And Thad brought this treasure home:
To Mom and Dad:
The thing I'm most thankful for is family. Especially you guys! Happy Thanksgiving! I am also thankful for all the food you have made, the house and everything else. Love, Thad
I love my people so much.
I am so thankful.


No comments:
Post a Comment