Let me just tell you that we were all just above and beyond excited to get the Disneyland for the first time as a family on Monday, January 9, 2017!! The park didn't open until 10am, so we were up and ready for a while before it was time to head over. We all (maybe not Eve) had butterflies as we made the walk from our hotel across the street to the Disneyland gates. Thad was so sweet and even squeezed my hand as we just kept saying over and over again how excited we were to be there!
We made it through security and the gates and had to wait on Main Street for the gates to officially open to all the rides and that was hard! Brian and I had it all planned out: He and the boys would run to Hyperspace Mountain and ride it and then get fast passes for it so we could all ride it later and I would go to Fantasy Land and ride some little rides with Eve..blah, blah, blah...Yeah, that all fell apart really quick because Hyperspace Mountain was closed. So the boys quickly got in the Star Tours line and Eve and I headed to Fantasy Land where the Dumbo ride was conveniently not open either. It was a little frustrating at first because I was over thinking all of it. Luckily the Doyles got there pretty quickly and in time to ride Dumbo with Eve and I.
Eve was going to ride with Laney, but Eve's partner had to be 14 years old or older...We figured out real quick that Laney could just say she was 14. Problem solved.
"Flying" on Dumbo with my Eve girl for her very first Disneyland ride!
After we rode Dumbo I got a little crazy because the line for Peter Pan was 50 minutes and I had made up my mind I was not going to wait that long for that ride. The Doyles were basically like, "Good luck finding rides you don't have to wait in line for." I was being a baby and Brian came and met up with us and was like, "Shell, you have to wait in lines at Disneyland. It's ok." This is probably comical to most people, but I had to have it spelled out for me and I'm so glad I did right off the bat! From that point on I really relaxed about it and accepted that fact that lines were part of the experience. So we waited in line for the cutest Peter Pan ride while Brian got fast passes for Hyperspace Mountain and the day just got better from there!
We had so much fun trekking around the park with the Doyles for the first half of the day!
We ran into some unexpected guests after riding Hyperspace Mountain!
These were the first characters we ran into so we were all so excited!
AUTOTOPIA
Fun view of the Matterhorn-
After lunch we met up with everyone and spent the rest of day together. Disney with cousins is SO MUCH FUN!
The first ride we rode as a group was Indiana Jones and it was one of two rides Wes couldn't ride. We rode the ride in a couple of shifts while the babies were sleeping, so Wes had to wait a while but being able to play on Tarzan's Tree softened the blow of not being able to ride the ride.
My little princess waking up from her beauty rest so she could take on the rest of the day!
All the kids REALLY wanted to ride Splash Mountain and there was now wait because it wasn't the warmest day and it had been closed off and on, but it ended up being the highlight of the day!
These pictures are great evidence of why it was the highlight! Everyone in this last picture got SOAKED because they were silly enough to put the heaviest person in the front. My shoes got a tiny bit wet and that was it. I didn't dare try my luck at a second ride so I just hung out with the Bubble Queen and her subjects while we waited for everyone to get their fill of Splash Mountain.
Cousins and non-cousins alike gathered around to enjoy the beauty that was the bubbles!
And those bubbles lasted for a super long time and graced us everywhere we went!
Big Thunder had been closed for most of the day and we were so excited when we could all ride it!
We had one night that we would do dinner as a big group and Monday worked the best for everyone, so we headed over to Port Orleans and waited a little while for our table at Cafe Orleans. Luckily the cutest street band was out to keep us all entertained while we waited. Our kids were the only ones dancing and Eve loved it the most!
After our dance party we enjoyed the MOST DELICIOUS Monte Christo sandwiches at Cafe Orleans! I didn't get a picture of our whole group, but we were there and enjoyed every bite!
We ended our night in Toon Town with the Wilsons and Henries. As we made our way up there Wes got lost being passed between groups for potty breaks. It was only about ten minutes, but we were pretty panicked while it was happening. Luckily a worker grabbed him and kept him in one spot. He wasn't far from our group, just out of sight and it was dark outside. We were much more vigilant after that!
After a couple fun rides in Toon Town a few of the adults went shopping and took the babes and Brian and I took some of the kids to ride Matterhorn (both times I went to Dland as a kid is was closed so I had never ridden it) and it was as fun as I thought it would be! To close out the night we rode It's a Small World that was still decked out in all its Christmas decor. The kids were a little confused and not sure what to think, but I LOVED it! It was longer than I thought it would be, but so much fun and we didn't even have to wait in line. Win-win.
I don't think our first day at Disney could have gone any better! We all slept like babies and couldn't wait to get to California Adventure the next day.



















No comments:
Post a Comment