Saturday, March 19, 2016

Fun in February

February was another beautiful month down in Texas and we took full advantage of the sunshine in between birthday, Valentines and other busy stuff we had!



Jocelyn.Michelle.Heather.Katie
I hosted a birthday luncheon at my house for Relief Society and we only had one sister show up (Heather) and it ended up being so much fun! We usually have 7-10 show up, so it was nice to just sit and chat one on one with her especially because she is in the Primary presidency and we don't get to see her much.

Wes just being the boss he is-
Seriously, how cute is he with no shirt and shin guards?? Love him!

 I sure love this adorable, goofy eldest child of mine. He has my heart.

I love when I check in on my quiet children and they're not fighting or causing trouble. Cutie pa-tooties!

I just had to snap this pic of my perfect sleeping baby girl. She is amazing.


Footsies with mama-

 We found out at the beginning of the month that Brian was one of 10 Accounting PhD students across the country to receive the Deloitte Fellowship! He was nominated back in October or November and a committee voted and he is one of the recipients of $25,000. We are so proud of him and all he has done and continues to do to support and provide for our family.

We started experimenting with curlers in this girl's hair and it has been a huge success!
(When I sent this picture to my mom, she said, "Dejavu!") 





Isn't that pretty much curl perfection? It has been so much fun learning to play with my gal's hair! 

And if you ever find Brian down on the ground, you can find Eve on him in one way or another!

I have a hard time letting the kids help me with stuff. Wes asked over and over one night to help, so I let him-
 And he did such a good job!
 It seriously helped me out and I realized I need to let these kiddos help me out more often. They love it and it really is a huge help.
I love my carrot top peeling carrots!
But...he can definitely turn on me real quick like-
I made stuffed peppers for the first time and Wes HATED the idea of trying them. He wouldn't even put a little tiny bite in his mouth. It was crazy town.
Of course I made him and he ended up liking it and eating it all no problem. 
Seriously, Wes? Was it worth it?
I don't think so.

Brian and I don't act like adults a lot of the time.
Just had to document.

Time out in the sunshine is always time well spent-


 Coco.Wes.Evan
Once there was a brunette, a red head and a blonde...

I love meeting Thad outside when he comes home from school, especially on a perfect, sunny day!
That little red spec is him running towards me once he saw me. Heart melted.

Preschool Fun
We had some fun days at preschool at our house and also took a week to do some field trips.
 Ian and Wes
 Coco and Annie

For one of our preschool outings we went to Jump-O-Line and it was a lot of fun! We were the only ones there and our babies could run wild too.

  
The fire station was the main event and all four of them loved it!
 Fire fighters Greg and Sean were so sweet to put up with Wes interrupting every few seconds and were so patient when they had to say things over and over again.










 If we were doing one thing, Wes kept asking if we could do the next thing, so when it was time to get in he was totally jazzed!


  


  
We feel pretty safe knowing these guys are around to help us in case of a fire or a four year old getting stuck in a tree.
Thank you RRFD!

A Weekend in Waco
Todd and Kelsie came to Waco for Todd to interview for a PT job. We don't know if things are going to work out, but we sure are hoping!

We met them at The Silos, had lunch at Chick-Fil-A, explored Baylor's campus and had dinner at Rudy's...It was an awesome day!








Right before dinner we checked out a neighborhood they would be interested in living right near Waco Lake and had a good time being near the water and watching the sunset.


Brian made it to the other side of the panoramic! #winning


Please cross your fingers for us! Having them close would be a dream.

3 comments:

Niki said...

Love your updates shell! And way to go Brian! He is awesome! And $25,000?! That's like our entire salary right now hahaha! Woo hoo!!! I hope to see you in Utah over the summer!

Heather said...

Wow! Nice job Deloitte fellow! Love seeing Texas through Monsen eyes! Keep it up cute lady!

Heather said...

Wow! Nice job Deloitte fellow! Love seeing Texas through Monsen eyes! Keep it up cute lady!