Tuesday, December 3, 2013

And He's Off!

Our almost-five-year-old Thad learned how to ride a bike on November 4th! It was seriously so fun and I was so proud of him! Since we have moved to Texas and he has been playing outside with his friends, he has been on a the little Diego trike that we got a while back in Connecticut. He did great, but he started getting sad about not being able to keep up, and plus, our three year old neighbor just learned how to ride a two wheeler...Thad was feeling left out! We found out about balance bikes and a gal in my ward had one she wasn't using. A balance bike is a bike without pedals, so you run and get going and get comfortable with putting your feet up and balancing. Thad had been doing it for one week when Charli, Wendy and I were out watching him and we all decided he was doing so well that we would try him on one of Brayden's bikes. Since Charli had just taught Brayden, I had her help him the first time and he seriously took off down the street the very first time she let go! Brian was a little sad that he wasn't there to be a part of it, but he was more proud of that boy than anything. The child hasn't looked back and has LOVED riding his bike until dark everyday with the neighbor boys!

Here is our little stud the morning after showing off his skills! Of course I didn't take any pictures, just video, the first day. 




And of course this little monster had to get in on the bike/picture taking action!


Happy Biking!

Love,
The Monsen Brothers

1 comment:

Niki said...

I'm just catching up on your blog, Shell! go Thad! That's awesome! Miss you!