We didn't do much for Valentine's Day, but I did do two small things:
1. Used my heart shape cookie cutter to make their PB&J into hearts (which Thad actually cried about and wouldn't eat until he figured out I really wasn't going to make him anything else for lunch).
2. Dressed them in pink and red.
We didn't even see anyone except for the people at Wal Mart, but hey, it's the thought that counts.
And how 'bout this smile?
I really do love this boy so much and wish I would have talked to them a little bit more on Valentine's Day about how much I truly love them, but I was having a bit of a pity party. ;-)
I really do love this boy so much and wish I would have talked to them a little bit more on Valentine's Day about how much I truly love them, but I was having a bit of a pity party. ;-)
The weather was somewhat decent and we spent a little time outside after our exciting trip to Wally World:
I really can't get enough of these boys and I know I don't need Valentine's Day to let them know how much I love them.
Happy Valentine's Day, sweet boys.
I love you both!
After V-Day passed, it was downhill from there, health wise...
The next day we ended up here:
Not only does he have bonks all over his head, he came down with a nasty virus that gave him a crazy cough, made him super lethargic and lose his appetite.
This is what the rest of our week looked like:
If he wasn't sleeping (he napped for 6 hours per day 4 days in a row), he wanted to be held.
I tried to accommodate him as much as I could, but he spent a lot of his awake time crying too.
Sick babies are no fun.
Thad is a little more resilient, and even though he came down with the same nasty cough and booger nose, he still got his fill of fun!
He used his birthday money to purchase this bad boy and we have all had a lot of fun playing it.
One nice thing about sick kids is that they were ok with this being our play time:
As long as I was laying down with them, they thought it was cool.
And as long as Wes had his paci and blanket, he was good. This night he laid like that for about 15 minutes without moving. He was definitely sick!
But, by the end of one whole week, Wes was finally acting somewhat normal:
And was back to his stair scaling!
His obsession with the stairs has driven us over the edge. We are too nervous and he loved the stairs too much, so this finally happened -
It was too stressful because those stairs are STEEP and hard and he is not the most stable kid around. His small feet and large body tend to make him a little wobbly, but he could be half way up the stair case by the time I got a few dishes in the dishwasher, so we pulled the trigger and had the gate put up. Wes wasn't too happy about it, but it has been AWESOME!
Here are a few more fun moments I documented in February:
This is a common occurrence to find them reading in the corner.
Have I said before that I love brothers?
Thad was a good sport and went to a Primary meeting with me that went late and fell fast asleep watching the Little Mermaid. Yes, that was his choice of movie.
And to end it all, we had our first experience (I'm sure it won't be the last) of displaying art on a sibling. As you can see, Thad didn't do much, but he was super nervous to tell me that he did it and started to cry a little bit. He said it was an "accident."
I had to laugh (but not too much in front of Thad) because Wes thought it was kinda funny and it came right off. I obviously don't want it to be regular occurrence, but it is funny to see kids figure things out.
I love my boys and we are ready for March!

No comments:
Post a Comment