Friday, February 15, 2013

January's End

Januarys can be drab, but this one was definitely above average! Between our sweet baby's first birthday and Thad being the adorable kid he is, I have no complaints at all. Enjoy some snippets of our January's end.

Thad has been loving his baby book lately, and here he is checking it out with dad after a sleepover on the air mattress. 

Wes is starting to get the camera thing and gives these squinty eyes when I point the camera at him...So cute! 

 He also does other awesome poses:

This guy can smile and pose his little heart out too:

But the best is when they do it together-
Too bad Wes' eyes aren't open all the way, but I couldn't pass this picture up!
Wes crawling through Thad's legs is a regular occurrence and this is the only picture of it to date.

Thad's cute friend Eve had her 3rd birthday party, and he was ecstatic to attend because he knew the order of events: Wes' party, Eve's party and finally, his!!
The theme was Cinderella and, as you can see, Thad had no shame joining in. 

While Thad hung out with the big kids, Wes and Graham buddied up:
 I always love to see how babies love babies. It is so sweet!

Another milestone that has been reached this month with Mr. Wesley:
 Stair climbing!
We have been ok with only a gate at the top of the stairs for the past couple months, but we may have to bite the bullet and put one on the bottom too.
He gets more daring everyday and has made it to the top a couple of times already.
It freaks me out, but I also want him to learn because it will make me less nervous when we are places without gates.
We're going to leave it gate-less for now, but I don't want to end up writing a blog post about how we learned our lesson and should have put a gate up sooner.
I'll keep you posted...or hopefully not!

To top off the month, I got to attend Broadway Week and Restaurant Week in NYC with these lovely ladies:
 Colleen.Sara.Nicki

 Breauna.Dayna.Ashley

 Me.Tiffany.Natalie

Dayna got the ball rolling on the whole idea when tickets went on sale for Broadway Week and it evolved into nine girls riding in Ashley's parent's 12-passenger van on a rainy Tuesday night. (Which resulted in some major car sickness for a couple of us, but no barfing took place, don't worry)
Ashley dropped us off at Brasserie 8 1/2, a French restaurant near the theater, and the food did not disappoint! We all got an appetizer, main dish and a dessert and felt so fancy and spoiled.
This is just a little peek at the fancy, loungy feeling it had.

Cinderella was the show we decided on and it was adorable!
I have never seen (or don't remember, at least) Rodgers and Hammerstein's rendition, so it was fresh and fun for me.

A fun little fact is that Cinderella was played by the same spectacular actress that played Maria in the Sound of Music that Brian and I saw at Carnegie Hall. 
I loved her in that, so I was especially excited that I got to see her perform again. Her voice is magical.

No comments: