Wednesday, September 26, 2012

8 Months? Are You Sure?

Eight months have passed since our Wes joined us. Crazy? Yes. Gone fast? Yes. Awesome? Yes.


He really gets more fun with every passing month.
He loves sitting up and really perfected it this month.


I can never get enough of this tired face.
It is to die for. I could really squeeze him to pieces every time he wakes. 
This boy LOVES to play.
Thad and him have been bonding more and more as Wes can respond to Thad's interactions with him. It melts my heart to see my boys not just be brothers, but friends.

He FINALLY got some TEETH!!
On September 17 while Grandma Cindy was here, his bottom front/left tooth poked through and the next day this bad boy made an appearance.
It has been funny to watch him check them out with his tongue. He is loving his new accessories.
As you can see the right/top gum is pretty swollen and I think it is bound to pop through any time.

This boy loves to eat.
Since starting solids, his formula intake has decreased significantly (from 30oz-18oz), and he is more than happy to snack on whatever we are having.
The picture on the left shows how uptight he can get if you're withholding something from him, and the picture on the right is how happy he is once he has received.
He has also perfected to the 'pick and release.' For a long time he could pick food up, get it to his mouth, but not release it to enjoy.
No longer. 
This boy is on his own.

I could stare into these baby blues ALL day.
Oh wait. I do. 

I know all my posts make Wes sound like a dream...but he really is!
He is SO predictable and it makes my life a lot easier.
He is all about the Baby Wise: Wake, eat, play, sleep.
Best thing I ever discovered.
He's still not a fan of sleeping in a stroller or car seat, but on occasion will do so.
It can actually be really good when we are running errands, because he is good when he's busy seeing new things, but doesn't sleep = long nap when we get home.
I tried to get him up on his hands and knees, and this was the best I could get.
Then he got really tired from just trying.
He has no interest in crawling. He won't even bear weight on his legs.
Thad was crawling around like a mad man at this point.
But, don't worry, I'm not worried.
Once this boy is on the move (which I know will come and last for the rest of forever), I have to be a lot more aware, baby proof my main floor and put gates on my stairs.
Trust me, I can wait.
I think I will enjoy sitting up and the occasional roll while I can.

I will also enjoy the times that my child is more intrigued with a wrapper his brother gave him than with toys, calculators, tape and cartoons.
Mental note: Don't buy baby toys

We struggled with our football photo shoot this month.
He is much more mobile and interested in what is going on.
As you can see on the top left, Dad was there to try and regulate, it took a little while, but sure enough...
We finally got one of our big boy.
I love those legs. Seriously, how can you not?
I swear my child has pants on when we are out in public, but as you can see from this post, he rocks the onesie on it's own when we are at home. Those legs are going to slim out before I know it, and I don't want to miss one day of squishing them while I can.

Love this baby more than words can say.

4 comments:

Niki said...

ok Shell could he be any cuter?! That big smile! Melts my heart! What a sweet boy!

Em Russ said...

i vote you always just put him in a onesie... man those legs...

Taryn said...

How did these little babies of ours get so big sooo fast? It is crazy! He really could not get any cuter. Love him!

The Millers said...

AHH I am pretty much obsessed with all of these pictures!! He is so cute!