Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas in the City

We debated about going to NYC this year to check out the Christmas fun, but we had decided since we are going to live here for lots of years that we will have plenty of opportunities when I'm not 34 weeks pregnant and out of shape.

 Well, after talking to the other moms at joy school yesterday and completing this awesome project:
I was in the spirit and decided that with all the Christmas shopping done and plenty of time to prep for the Big Day, we should head into the city. I called Brian and he rearranged a few things so he could meet us at the train station at 3:45.

Before leaving Grand Central, we checked out this fun train display:
Thad isn't one to gawk over trains, but he thoroughly enjoyed this and was asking for a train for Christmas afterwards. 

We strolled up 5th Avenue to check out the window displays on our way up to Bloomingdale's to finally visit Santa a few days before Christmas.
Thad spotted this display and LOVED it so we had to take a picture.  
 This is one of the Tiffany & Co. windows. They had several small ones that weren't too elaborate, but they were really fun to look at! Sometimes the simpler they are, the better!
 After an hour wait, we finally made it to the front of the line!
 Thad dutifully recited what he wanted Santa to bring him (a monster truck, a giraffe and a big boy bed) and left a very happy boy because Santa gave him a little toy reindeer. The things kids love. :)
 After that exhausting wait, we had to stop for a New York Slice. 
Thad devoured that whole piece!
 We crossed Central Park and checked out Columbus Circle Mall and the Holiday Markets.
There was A LOT of walking involved, so this picture is taken at one of our rest stops. Sometimes I forget I have limitations as a pregnant lady, but Brian and Thad were so patient with me and all our stops and slow walking.

Last stop: 
The Christmas tree of all Christmas trees!
 Seeing that tree doesn't get old!  

I'm so glad we decided to trek around the city and check out some of the fun Christmas things NYC has to offer! To top it off, the weather was PERFECT! Brian and I didn't wear coats for a good part of the night and Thad didn't even need his gloves or hat. We couldn't have asked for a better night and I can't think of any better company to spend my time with three days before Christmas.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas around here!

No comments: