Friday, November 19, 2010

My Men

So I didn't think that I had much to blog about over the past couple weeks, but I really do...the 2 WONDERFUL men in my life! We have been just livin' the Connecticut life since we returned from Utah while we wait for our Thanksgiving trip to Ohio to spend with some of the best and then back to Utah for our Christmas trip. In the mean time Thad and I have been playing, playing, playing inside AND out because Connecticut has been so kind to us and blessed us with such great weather the last couple of weeks. Tender mercies for the mother of a toddler.
Our neighbors have a trampoline in our back yard that we share with them, so we took advantage of it on a nice, sunny day. 
Lots of late mornings are spent in pajamas while I clean and Thad finds what he can to stay entertained either waiting to watch Sesame Street or being done watching his show/s for the morning.
He loves anything that is mommy's or daddy's and the ear muffs are by far my favorite! He wore them for an hour that morning while he played and ate breakfast and then asked several times throughout the day to put them back on...what a funny boy!
Thad LOVES to read! There have been times when I haven't been too thrilled about it when he throws fits because we have to put the books away, but overall I know it it such a wonderful thing to encourage. As I write he is over in his stack just looking through the books on his own...what a smarty pants:)
You may think I'm a mean mom, but the other night I gave Thad his very first sucker. As you can see he LOVED it! I gave it to him because he was such a good boy at his doctors appointment. They do a 22 month check up out here to check motor skills and hearing and he passed with flying colors! He played and looked at the fish in the waiting room, was such a sweetie to the nurse and impressed/"performed" for the doctor! He also sat very still for his flu shot and only cried for a minute or two when it was done. We are so lucky to have Thad as our little man!
Thad loves playing with daddy when he gets home and he has definitely inherited his dad's love of electronics. He loves to talk on the phone and watch video of himself. In the top picture he probably watched the same 10 second video of himself 10 times and was just as excited every time it played! Brian is such a sweet dad and I think is just as excited to see Thad every night as Thad is to see him. Don't they make a great pair!?

Speaking of Dad, we are pleased to announce that he passed 2 of the 4 parts of the CPA exam!! Brian has been studying so hard since he graduated. He gets up early before work and studies after getting home and it has really paid off! He just found out this week and was so relieved. He takes the third part on Monday and will be able to take a study recess until after the first of the year before taking the fourth exam...Thad and I are both VERY excited! We are so proud of Brian and so thankful for all the sacrifices he makes for our family. Keep up the good work, babe!

10 comments:

Taryn said...

Tell Thad he can wear those ear muffs all he wants when he comes to visit me :) I am so excited to see you and I will be calling you soon to discuss the details!!!

Taryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Thad is a sweetie! You are a lucky girl.

Hansen Family said...

Thad is so cute. I love that he loves books and also Sesame Street. Kate LOVES Sesame Street, which can make me a little crazy at times. You guys are great!

Heidi Madsen said...

Seeing pictures of your house makes my heart ache to be in it:( Thad is a killer! I love him. Way to ge Bri! But honestly, are you surprised he passed with flying colors? NO. He is brilliant. xoxo see you soon lady.

Diane Dimond said...

Thad is adorable. It's great to hear you, Brian and Thad are doing well. I can't believe how beautiful Connecticut is from seeing your pictures.

The Fauxes said...

Way cute...tell Brian congrats on passing his tests! I'm not looking forward to Ben having to do that - it sounds totally brutal. And little did I know until just recently that it is actually 4 tests. (Ben didn't mention this to me.) Oh well! Thad is so cute - the kid deserves more suckers. :)

Brigitte said...

Shell I love that you just gave Thad his 1st sucker! You guys are awesome!

The Millers said...

Brian is so smart, he is awesome, way to go Bri! I'm happy that you guys are enjoying the good weather and that Thad is so stinking cute. I can't wait for you guys to come home in just a few weeks!

The Arbuckle's said...

Hey shelley,

I found your blog on a fellow church friend. I'm glad I found it, looks like you guys are enjoying CT.
Let's get together again and play.

Take Care,

Lindsey Arbuckle

i have a blog but it is private, send me an email if you want to peek into our life :)
lindsarbuckle@gmail.com