Thursday, August 5, 2010

Life Lately...

It hasn't been crazy exciting around here, we have just been laying low, but it has been very relaxing. These are just some of the things that have been keeping us busy:
Skype-ing every Sunday with the fam! Kayci, Kelli and Teresa make this kid feel like he is the only person that exists in the entire universe by applauding him and "Oooh-ing and Awww-ing" over any tiny movement or utterance he makes:) He recently learned how to play the harmonica, and is showcasing his skills to the fam on the other side of the country. (Please don't mind the outfit...laundry got to the bottom of the list and this is what we rummaged up for PJs. Also, the hair has been cut since this pic and it's way cuter!)
The boy LOVES to read! He would really sit around all day and do exactly this. He usually cries until I sit down to read to him and then will get a book off his book shelf one by one and sit on my lap while I read him every book he owns. He is obsessed.
Perfect days at the beach! Brian and I haven't had much exposure to beaches, so we definitely want to take advantage of it while we're back here. It's nice that it's just 5 minutes away and we can go for a couple of hours on a Saturday morning.
Swimming in the backyard has been AWESOME! Hanna and Sophie let us borrow this for the rest of the summer since they don't have a yard to put it. Thanks, gals (Come over ANY time)!
Oh, and just reading the paper! We get lots of ads and Thad loves to thumb through them;-) 
Just tonight he got really excited about the Gutter Cleaners, as you can see!

Connecticut is still treating us well and we are loving our ward and the experience as a whole. Things kinda slowed down this week and I wasn't dragging Thad all over town, and I thought it was a good thing to finally stay home for a whole day...It was good until I started getting a tad homesick and wanting to hang out with my sisters:( I just starting thinking about how I have never been able to live by my in-laws or siblings and their kids since we have been married and I got a little sad. So I just decided I have to stay BUSY! Today we went to Hanna's and played with a couple of other friends and it was the perfect cure! Being surrounded by other people in the same situation reminds me not to pity myself and be grateful for the here and now. We love and miss you all!

6 comments:

Haley Hill said...

Yay for reading! I can't believe how much Thaddy has changed already! He looks like a little boy and not a baby and seriously a mini-Brian. Freaky...Love you and miss you so much :)

Lindsay said...

Thad is so so cute! I am glad you guys are having fun! Keep busy and you'll be back before you know it.

The Millers said...

Love the updates. Thad is sooooo cute! He is going to be a little smarty pants!

Brigitte said...

I ♥ Thad! I will be seeing you guys soon! YAY!

Lee and Emilie Wilson said...

Don't be sad, before you know it you will be back in Utah. We sure miss you guys. love ya

Robyn said...

I have to admit I'm incredibly jealous you live so close to the beach! My favorite place on earth. Actually, you live pretty close to a ton of awesome places which kills me living in Richfield, UT! A big day for me would be going to the demolition derby or the movies. Ha ha. You're lucky you have sisters to miss too. I'd love that. Anyway, I always love your pics and Thad is so dang cute!