Friday, January 22, 2010

Connecticut...Here we come!

So here's the scoop: We are moving to Connecticut in July!
We are so excited because Brian got a Postgraduate Technical Assistant position with the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). Here's how it worked (I'm warning you now that there might be some bragging on my husband). Brian heard about this position in October from his amazing department head that has made a lot of this happen. Brian mentioned it to me and I just blew it off because I was ready to be done with school and move to SLC and be close to family for once in our lives. Little did I know. A little while later an important guy (I can't remember who he is) came to USU's campus to talk to some of the accounting students and talked about this internship and what a great opportunity it is and at that point Brian's mind was set and he knew it was something he wanted to do. Each university has the opportunity to nominate an accounting student for the position (not every school does, this was USU's first time), so his department head sent in the nomination. Brian made it through the resume screening and they called him in December to tell him they were going to fly him out to CT to interview for the position! He was so excited because it had been several weeks since he'd applied and we kinda lost hope that he was going to get an interview. So the FASB flew 12 candidates out to interview for 6 internship positions open in July. Brian flew out the second week of January and they told them the would for sure know either way by mid-February if they got the position...if any of you know Brian waiting is just not the easiest thing for him. He was very anxious this past week and I'm so glad they let us know sooner rather than later because this is kinda a big deal and it's great to know what our plan is this coming summer. Needless to say, I am so proud of him and he has worked very hard to get to this point. He is so smart and dedicated and I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of great things for him over the course of his career. So, we will stay in Logan until the end of June and head out at the beginning of July. It's a year internship so we will be back to SLC (for real this time) in July 2011 and Brian will then start with Deloitte in Sept or Oct. This is so perfect for our family because we love adventures and I have always wanted to take a big trip back east, so that means I have a whole year to go see everything I want! Woo hoo! If you want to come visit, don't hesitate cuz we would love it...we will only be an hour from Manhattan!!
This is the only picture Brian took on his trip out to CT. He was excited!

9 comments:

Heidi Madsen said...

CONGRATULATIONS BRIAN! He really is so deserving for this, I am very happy for guys. Except the very selfish part of me that just wants you to stay here! The picture of Brian jumping on the best is so awesome!

Heidi Madsen said...

Oh,and tell Brian that Jason is JUST KIDDING with the 'hate' texts. He is happy for you.

Unknown said...

Wow! That sounds like it is going to be a fun adventure! We are so excited for you guys! We will miss being able to see you but we can come out and visit you! Congrats!

Taryn said...

10 hours is sooooo close!!! :) Great job Brian!

Tiff said...

Congrats Brian !!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome. We are all so excited for you guys. It is so great that you have this wonderful opportunity. So very cool, glad to have a great excuse to see that part of the country myself. Best of luck to all of you! Love you all tons !!!!

Tiff

Anonymous said...

Congrats Brian. That is so exctiing for the both of you. I am glad that you have this great opportunity. Be sure to have tons of fun while you are there.

The Fauxes said...

Congrats! We are thrilled for you guys. What an awesome opportunity!

Hailey Jones said...

so excited.
can't wait for your adventure.

Kim said...

YIPEE!!!!! You guys are going to love your little adventure. I love the bed pic. Keep us posted!